Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Is this really happening?

I'm having a bit of a panic attack at the moment. While we've *known* we were going to San Francisco since June, it hasn't felt real. To be honest, it still doesn't feel real, yet for some reason we are now in possession of 2 plane tickets which will take me to my new home. Shaun will be coming out to help find an apartment, and then heading back to DFW to enjoy a few weeks on his own in the house with the cats (ha ha - sucker). He'll be getting things in order for the movers, and then joining me in our new home.

Logistics: new doctors, new vets, new office building (which will steal my soul I'm told), new commute entirely (is working from home full-time an option???), new airport, new groceries, listening to Max howl until he gets used to the apartment, new apartment, new you name it. How did I ever do this before?

On the plus side - WINE COUNTRY. OCEAN. Running outside year-round. Killer seafood. Killer beer. Stumbling distance back from bar(s). No more getting in my car to drive 3 blocks, b/c they actually believe in sidewalks in San Fran (get a clue Dallas).

Anybody want a car? www.eclipseforsale.blogspot.com - it's pretty when it's not green (aka dirty)

See you all on the west coast.

No comments: