Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thankful

Full recap of the last few weeks to come this weekend, but in the meantime, here is my list of what I'm thankful for this year.

1) Blondie and Tigga - I'm beyond grateful that Blondie and I made it to 9 years officially married. I'm thankful he's stuck it out with me, and packed up and moved with me everytime I flipped the fuck out and declared we needed a change. I'm thankful that 2 months after we started dating, he adopted Tigga. I'm thankful Tigga has turned into a love bug this year because god knows I needed it.

2) 11.5 years with Max - while I'm so not thankful Max is no longer around, I'm glad that I got to spend 11.5 years with him. Not a day goes by that I don't think of him at some point - he is truly truly missed.

3) Mr Pooh and Blondie's sis - I'm thankful that they both came to visit twice this year alone. I'm thankful their families held down the fort at home so they could come see us. I'm thankful that I've gotten a chance to connect with them both in a city I love. Honestly, the reasons they are visiting might have more to do with NYC than us but hey, I'll take it ;)

3) Which leads into NYC - of course. I love NYC so much I want to make out with it teenager-style.

4) Theater / Shows - From Broadway, to off Broadway, to Fringe Fest, to my bar friend's cabaret/burlesque show, to the Disney Drag Queen show - my year has been crammed full of theater and musicals, and I love it. I'm about 4 hours from meeting Blondie today to see "A Christmas Story" on Broadway, and have a list of about 8 plays that I still want to see.

5) Blondie again - I'm proud of HOW FREAKING WELL Blondie's game did! An independent developer launching a game without marketing or advertising *and* landing in the top 10 list on Google Play??? GOOOOO Blondie! I'm also thankful that when Blondie decided to go back to a corporate job, he was head hunted like crazy and had his pick of a ton of different opportunities. I'm also thankful that Blondie loves his new job!

6) My family - I don't see them hardly ever, but both my family and my family-in-law are pretty cool. Life without them would be boring.

7) My bar friends - I need to stop calling them that, but for now, that's what they are titled. I'm thankful that at almost 40 years old, I made some incredible new friends. I'm thankful for Sunday Funday too.

8) My 2 BFF's have had great years - while my year might have been crap to the extreme, my 2 BFF's have been rocking it out - and that makes me so so happy for them. Slick switched jobs into something he loves loves loves and got married to an awesome woman this year. And TT's family expanded by several with the adoption of a daughter, and the fostering of 2 other daughters. She finished her master's degree this year also.

9) Beans - I'm honestly thankful for beans this year. I've had cravings for beans for like the past 1.5 years. If beans didn't exist, and I had a craving for them, what would I do?

10) And last but certainly not least - I'm extremely thankful that Blondie and I came through Hurricane Sandy without any issues. The storm wreaked havoc on the city, causing tremendous amounts of damage and loss of life, and without a doubt, we recognize how truly lucky we were and are grateful for that.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
--K

No comments: