Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Bear down! Or not...

Chicago was, in 1 giant word made by combining different words, fan-gor-bla-smic. I combined fantastic, gorgeous, blast and orgasmic. Although I honestly just stuck orgasmic on the end b/c I like how it sounds rolled together. Fangorblasmic. Ahh, I like my new word!

Chicago was also very very cold. I landed Saturday early afternoon and called Slick. He informed me that it was "cold" outside. Well, cold can mean anything from "if I had testicles they'd be curled up inside my body" cold to "a sweater will do" cold. It was the testicle cold. I seriously don't think the actual high got over 5 degrees, with temps regularly into the -10 degree area.

Saturday we ended up hitting the bar around 3 pm and shooting pool for several hours. The delightful Miss Funke and Fish joined us around 7 pm. We braved the testicle-cold (TC from now on out) to go to dinner and then we braved TC again to go back to the bar. Then it was back to Slick's to make fun of the new Superman movie. OMG - that movie is BAD. But the new Superman is quite the hottie (although nobody is as hot as my blondie!)

Then it was Sunday. Time to don our Chicago Bears gear and BEAR DOWN. It was still TC so we moved straight from Slick's to the bar. IT WAS INSANE. I can't stress that enough. And when the Bears lost (tee hee!), I honestly thought half the bar was going to line up to throw themselves in front of trucks or something. I was cheering, but I was doing it silently and with a sad look on my face, so I didn't get the shit kicked out of me. The lone Colts fan in the bar did get into a fight - some girl on girl 'fighting' (aka slapping) that had me laughing my ass off.

Monday involved me sleeping more than I thought was possible. I'd periodically wake up to laugh that Slick had to work, and then I'd go right back to napping. But Monday night was a drunken mess. From a huge pitcher of tequila (the restaurant called it margaritas, but they forgot everything that goes into making margaritas except for the tequila), to a bottle of wine back at Slick's, to me and Slick deciding we needed more beer... Top that with the chili I ate for lunch and the mexican I had for dinner...

And that leads us into the longest flight back ever on Tues. Seriously. On a cramped plane, stuck for 2 hours on the tarmac for deicing, landing way late in Oakland, having to take a bus and 2 trains to get home... I could've kissed my toilet and probably would've but I also know the last time we cleaned that thing and while I will let my ass touch it, no other part of my body is allowed near it.

In good news, The Co-Creators of the Cutest Kid in the World (aka my brother and his wife) are coming to visit!!!! Our first official family-visitors! We can't wait to see you guys. Let us know as soon as you buy tics!

Hey blondie - where is your post about the Vegas weekend?

--K

1 comment: