Wednesday, March 07, 2007

This is ridiculous...

I'm actually a bit sad. I'm a LOT happy, but a bit sad. I'm in the midst of my last overnight for my company, and it hit me as I'm finishing up sets of servers, that it's the last time I'm going to imp "such and such" server.

Then, since I'm a super fast worker and got the initial bulk of my work done already, I decided to make a list of people I'm going to send my good-bye email to from work. And wow.

I don't like my job, but damn, I like the people. 5 years makes for some super good friendships.

So, here goes - not sure who from work reads this - but if you do, here are my special good-byes:
1) J.U. - I totally heart working overnights with you. Finally, someone as sarcastic as me. You've made me laugh my ass off time and time again. But nothing will make me laugh as hard as the day I was hanging out in your cube and we saw that long long hair hanging off a certain someone's desk and both of us said at the same time "pubic hair!" That can still make me spit pop out my mouth if I think about it while I'm drinking something.
2) V.U. - You are one of the nicest people I've ever met. I don't think I've ever heard you say a bad word about anyone. And the look on your face when D.C. busts out with "punta" is priceless. Stay exactly how you are - don't change a thing.
3) D.C. - My one and only. The guy who gave me shit from the day I started there. Remember this - "I didn't sign off so you can't put the boxes back in service yet!" when we had the power outage that closed our entire building for the day? I'm going to miss so much debating football with you (although we all know the Packers have everything over the Succaneers, and don't get me started on The Cowgirls and Bill Fatcells). You are my bud, absolutely and without a doubt.
4) My gang - you made lunchtimes so much fun. You've made me laugh when I didn't think it was possible to laugh any more. You made Dallas worthwhile. You guys are rock stars.

On that note - 12 business days and counting!!!!

--K

1 comment:

the underhill's said...

Hey hon...I'm so happy that you found a great job! I've always told you that I miss you and still do. I'm running Run to Joe's and instantly thought of you, my favorite running partner. You always motivated me. I will truly miss our late imps (thanks kerri!), our lunches (remember our gross list), and definitely our trail runs (too few). I won't say good-bye since I know we'll keep in touch...even if it's on here. Luv ya both!