Friday, March 09, 2007

Woo hoo!!!!

Funny story. My mom called the other day and said she had something she's been meaning to tell me for forever, but only thinks about it when it's a time she can't call me (work, etc). (And if you've ever wondered if I'm more like my dad or my mom, let me say that I'm QUEEN of remembering things only when I'm at a time I can't do them - i.e. I need to email so and so but I only remember it when I'm at a bar).

So, the story was that about 32 years ago, her and my dad came to SF for a visit. This was the February time-frame. The night they landed in SF, she started to feel a little queasy. They were here for 5 days, and by day 3, she knew she was pregnant. That baby was yours truly.

She also hated SF. And told my dad that she would never want to raise a child here, and would never want one of her kids to live her.

She ended this story by laughing hysterically and telling me I was always the one who did exactly opposite of what she said.

(I felt compelled the first night we were in Vegas this past time to tell this story to some random woman I met at the craps table. I slurred 3/4th of the words. But that's okay, b/c random woman was also so drunk that I'm sure her ears were hearing slurred words but they were sounding okay).

Anyway, the WOO HOO! part of my story is that my mom is coming to visit!!! Her and my sister are flying out on April 26th and will be spending the weekend touring around with me and Blondie. We are SUPER excited! We will be hitting Alcatraz and riding cable cars and having them meet my friends.

Yay mom and sis! Can't wait to see you!

--K
and in this case --S

No comments: