Monday, July 07, 2008

Happy 4th!

Happy 3 days late anniversary to the fabulous Mississippi Queen! Hope you guys had a wonderful day!

The 4th was actually a completely crap weather day. Blondie and I got up and went for brunch in our hood. We sat there for awhile batting ideas back and forth about what we wanted to do, but finally decided to head over to the de Young museum in GGP to see the Chilhuly exhibit. The walk over was nice, but it was *completely* misting outside, so we were soaked when we got there.

The exhibit ROCKED though. Dale Chilhuly is a glass blower, and the exhibit was his glass pieces. It was insane. I felt like I was floating underwater the entire time.

I also felt like I was going to fall the entire time and take down millions of dollars worth of glass, so yeah, that wasn't the best. But I didn't fall!

After the exhibit, we wandered through the rest of the museum. I, of course, had to laugh at all the penises in the Oceania exhibits - I laughed until I realized they were all fertility statues, and I need to back away ASAP unless some of that power rubbed off on me.

Then there was a brass band playing in the music area afterwards, so Blondie and I chilled there for awhile. We listened to Yankee Doodle Dandy like 5 times in a row before we left to head over to the Inner Sunset for lunch.

All in all, it was a great day - even the rain didn't put a damper on it.

On Saturday it was much nicer. We met up with Shelbs and Bbbb, and their siblings to see the Fillmore Jazz Festival.

Yesterday was spent fighting off "Sunday Dread" - it's been much worse since my boss left 3 mos ago, and now, after turning down my other job, it was in FULL SWING yesterday.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Yay for 3 days off in a row!

--K

1 comment:

Mississippi Queen You Know What I Mean said...

Thanks for remembering! You da best!