Monday, October 26, 2009

Exciting as a moist sponge....

Which I guess means I'm growing mold and bacteria.


Sooooo, 2 weekends ago, Blondie and I went out and met Shelbs and Bbbb and 2 friends of theirs from TX that had stopped in for a visit. We ended up at Kezar Pub for the day to watch football. Now, I went down before Blondie and I was there at 9:15 am. The bar was insanely hopping - there was even a group of guys playing quarters (AT 9:15 AM!!!). Blondie joined a few hours later and we ended up watching football into early afternoon. Afterwards, we trucked on down Haight Street to a pretty fancy bar Alembic to get our gin on. By that time, which was about 4 pm, I was ravenous, so Blondie and I bailed and went to this restaurant we've been wanting to try.

IT WAS SO GOOD! It was southern cooking and I had smothered chicken, mac & cheese, and mashed potatos. Blondie had CFS, mashed potatoes, and french fries. OMG. SOOOO GOOD.

After el-boozo-festo on that Saturday (and the entire preceding week b/c a friend of mine left the company), I was looking forward to last week as a non-drinking week. However, I completely forgot that Party C blew back through town for a few days! She had been in Europe tooling around for a couple of months, stopped back in SF for 4 days, and is now in South America until the end of the year.

It was a good week last week - from meeting the girls for margs on Wed, to the flash party that Blondie initiated in our house on Thurs, to meeting up with Bbbb on Friday, to the party that Blondie and I had by ourselves on Saturday... all good.

This week is pretty exciting - I hate Halloween (I love the candy, I hate dressing up), so I generally am looking for any excuse to get out of parties on that weekend. Today, on the bus on the way to work, I saw that Kevin Smith is going to be in town on Friday - doing a Q&A/comedy session. Blondie ended up buying us some tickets and I'm really looking forward to it!

Also, a new restaurant opened up downtown that I've been wanting to try - for those who watch Top Chef, it's Hubert Keller's new burger restaurant. Blondie and I and KT are off for lunch on Thurs to try some beefy goodness (heheh, I said beefy goodness).

Saturday will be spent avoiding more parties, but then Sunday - it's the Green Bay vs Minnesota revenge game! I plan on watching that, and then making Blondie take me for mexican food. And then crying myself to sleep on Sunday night b/c when I wake up a week from today, I'll be halfway to 70.

I'm tired today.

--K

No comments: