Sunday, January 30, 2011

From SF back to NYC

OMG - I've been awful about updating the blog lately, and I have no excuses. Now that I'm back though for a few weeks, I will be keeping this thing up to date on a regular basis.

To catch up from last time I posted, I'll start with Sweetie J's birthday bash. I met up with her and some of her friends in Tribeca for a late dinner, and then afterwards, they convinced me to go to a dance club with them. The dance club was about 4 blocks from our apartment, so I really had no excuse. Let me say this though, I'm a shitty dancer.

So we got to the club, and a friend of Sweetie J's knew the owner, so we had VIP entrance and table/bottle service. I did last until about 3 am, and I did tried to shake my bootie somewhat - but it's as bad as it sounds. Ugh.

Okay then - off to San Francisco, and again, some of the most beautiful weather I've seen. It's my good luck I guess - 3 times back to SF, and 3 times I've had AMAZING weather. I landed on Monday morning, headed to the gym, and proceeded to run a bunch of hill work on the treadmill. After a shower, I headed over to work, but immediately took off with my friend KT for a long walk down Market St. On our way back to the office, my other friend who had also turned in her notice, texted that she was at the bar. So KT and I stopped in and hung out with a group of friends for a bit. A few beers later (and no food whatsoever that entire day except for a bag of gummy bears on the plane), I was a little tipsy.

I made it back to work, proceeded to try and boot up my laptop, and that was it. KT called and she was done, so it was back to another bar to say goodbye to an awesome coworker and friend. After our drinks, KT and I headed for dinner to hang out just us two. I'm going to miss the fuck out of her, and wish her the best of luck at her new job.

So, Tuesday, the stomach/sleep thing started - this happens everytime I go back to SF - I don't sleep (I'm up by 4:30-5 am everyday) and my stomach revolts. So the entire week, I'm up around 4:30, stomach finally settles around 6:15 ish, and I'm off to the gym for an hour.

Then it was to work, and back to back meetings, before I headed out with my team for drinks on the company. After drinks, I met up with a coworker from NYC and her friend for dinner and drinks in the Mission district. It had been awhile since I'd been over that way, and I was able to take them to my favorite bar in the Mission, after some tasty Mexican food.

Wednesday was more low-key - work, work, work (woot), but then I got to go with 2 coworkers that I like but don't hang out with very often - we headed for a quick drink, before off to meet up with Shelbs and Bbbb for dinner at a rotisserie. It was tasty yummy goodness, and soooo good catching up with the Thunderwoods. After dinner, I finagled an invitation back to their apartment to watch TV on their couch. Snarky commentary ensued, and it made me really miss living in SF, and the good friends I have there.

Thursday was a "nutso" day - it was our architect and OP's last day (both of them quit at the same time), so I headed to lunch with the architect - 3 hours later, I was back at work to finish up some crappy tasks, before heading off to the going away party for the both of them. My flight had gotten cancelled due to snow in NYC, so I had a Friday morning flight instead. It turned out to be a good thing as I got to stay out late, not worry about flying drunk, and got to crash with OP for a night.

Friday, was my flight back - I dozed most of the flight, and due to time change, didn't get home until almost 9 pm. Blondie had ordered food and saved me some beans and rice (I have a slight obsession with the beans from this argentinean restaurant - it's like crack for me).

Saturday, we did a hardcore workout before Blondie took off to play some poker with some friends. I watched crappy TV all night, and hit the sack early.

Last week was a typical work week - trying to get my head back into work for really the first time since before the holidays SUCKED BALLS. I met Blondie on Monday for dinner at our bar, and then Tuesday we had all-you-can-eat ribs and beer at a restaurant we had gone in on a groupon for - we went with about 8 of us, and while I'm not big into BBQ, I ate my weight in cornbread - so that was good. Friday was a good friend's bday so we met up with him and his friends to celebrate - we met in West Village for dinner before heading over to Greenwich Village for many beers after.

Yesterday was a sleep in late day, with another long nap in the afternoon. It pretty much ruled. We did our grocery shopping yday morning, and stopped to buy a wheelie cart that I can pull home - it's much easier putting milk and cans into that then trying to walk 2 avenues carrying a ton of bags.

Today I'm not doing anything - this week coming up is going to be crazy, so I'm going to just lay here and watch TV all day. I'm so looking forward to it!

In other news, my half-marathon training starts a week from today (on SuperBowl Sunday - that sucks). I've been really busting ass with my runs lately (even though I'm not officially training) and have started incorporating hill work on the treadmill into my routines - it's amazing really. Mr Pooh had told me about some steep hills he has been running outside, so just by pulling in hills 2 days a week, my normal runs are off the hook good right now. And the calories I'm burning doing hills is way more than a flat out normal run. It's exciting to watch. I've maintained my same weight since about August, but it's starting to decrease again now, and I'm happy to watch it go.


No comments: