Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Lunar New Year, a fabulous Super Bowl, and a 2 day hangover

Last week was pretty low key. I found myself battling the sleeps a lot, so we kept things pretty much on the DL. It was kind of nice - the weather is so cold here, and being able to just come home at night and crash has been f'ing f.a.b.u.l.o.u.s.

The only thing I had on my radar last week was Lunar New Year - my core group at work and I headed out on Wednesday night to the Koreatown area of Manhattan to celebrate. We hit up a restaurant that was literally called "Kum Gang Sak" - which of course, led us to call ourselves the Kum Gang. And led to many dirty Kum Gang jokes. We split a ton of soju, had a lot of beers, and in general stuffed ourselves silly. I came home in such a good mood, that I tried to wake Blondie up so I could, um, have some fun with him. He was not going for it though - smart move on his part! ;)

Friday I called Blondie and he came and met me for a drink after work. We were debating on what to eat for dinner, when he suggested doing an old thing of ours that we haven't done since we started on our healthiness program last March - that was hit the grocery store for a shitty food night! It was awesome - we had rice-a-roni, buffalo strips, chips and dip, and licorice for dessert. I was so tired that night that I konked out early - with a belly full of bad food.

Saturday I was up at 5:23 am for the day - work has gotten crazy/bad right now, and when I woke up to pee, my mind immediately went to work and that was it for the morning. I watched a movie, and messed around on my computer - and when Blondie got up, we headed to the gym for long workouts. We were supposed to grocery shop afterwards, but it was pouring rain, so we ordered our groceries online, and then stayed in to watch movies all day while staring out the window.

Sunday was an awesome day - I drug Blondie for another run, and then we got ready to head to our bar at 3:30 pm. It was time to cheer on the Packers! Blondie's been a die-hard Packer fan his entire life (growing up an hour south of Green Bay was a big catalyst for this), and it was with much enthusiasm that we cheered them onto a victory. We were joined by a ton of our friends - both coworkers and bar friends - and generally made giant jackasses of ourselves as soon as we realized they were going to win.

Instead of just heading home after the Superbowl, we headed on out to celebrate with 2 of our bar friends. I ended up getting home around 2:30 am, while Blondie strolled on in around 4 am. Um, Monday - was the SUCK. I went to work still drunk I believe, and it was the longest day in the history of the world. I got home Monday night and Blondie still hadn't showered. What a hangover.

Today was note-worthy because of 2 things - it was my 1 year anniversary with my company, leaving 1 year left on my contact before I can leave without having to pay back my relo. And 2, today officially started my half-marathon training. My times for running have been decreasing pretty dramatically thanks to getting hill work in, but today, they were crapalicious - it always happens when I go on a bender, and I know the times will be fine with my run tomorrow, but it still was disheartening to see a 4 min, 58 sec increase for my run from Saturday. Le sigh.

Well, it's off to pet a cat - he's pawing at my legs and wants some attention. Keep warm everyone.


1 comment:

inpoku said...

i like it..