Sunday, March 13, 2011

A hot mess


The gross parts first - I have athlete's foot under 3 toes right now, with one toe actually having it so bad it's extended down between the toes. I feel somewhat like a bad ass in that "woot, I sweat so much I have bad athlete's foot under, count 'em, 3 toes!" and somewhat like a disgusting slob in that "wow, I can't keep my feet clean enough that I don't get athlete's foot". On top of that, it's starting to get into the 50's and 60's here (WOOOOOOO HOOOOOO) so it's getting time for cute shoe season as opposed to snow boot season, and I NEED a pedicure. However, I'm not about to subject my pedicure place to the disaster of my athlete's foot at this moment in time.

On top of the athlete's foot, I've been running so much that I have permanent raw marks where my pants rest on my hips, and under my boobs where my jog bras hit. So on top of having to spray my feet down 3-4 times a day, I also have to have Blondie neosporin the crap out of my skin. I feel pretty, oh so pretty.

That's the disgusting parts. The other parts of the week were okay. Monday was a typical Monday, and I'm always so relieved when it's over. Tuesday was 11 years that Blondie had told me he liked me (11 years ago on Fat Tuesday is when he first hit on me - I don't remember the exact date and while I could google it, I'm lazy. So we just go with Fat Tuesday). I texted Blondie to tell him, and he said we should go celebrate. I came home that night and we headed to the bar for a few drinks - we've been through a lot, and neither of us thought we'd make it, but we have. To 11 years - we did it hottie!

At the bar, we met up with our good friend - her fiancee lives overseas, but had flown in that day and so we got to meet him. We've skyped him before from the bar, which makes me laugh, but meeting him in person was so much fun - so it was double good that we went out that night. The bar wasn't serving food that night due to a private party taking place there also which was a catered event, but I happened to notice on their special list that they had meatloaf which is the bomb diggity let me tell you. I pointed it out to Blondie, and then when I came home on Wednesday night, Blondie was all like "I need meatloaf!" so we headed back to our bar again for dinner.

On Thursday I had enough. My coworkers and I had done "lunch" and a couple of frothy beverages later, my defenses were lowered. My feet are a wreck, my skin is a wreck, and then I noticed that I had like an inch of dark brown roots - so I went in and got my hair dyed to a brownish-reddish color (auburn I guess). I love it! It's like dark shiny chocolate - it makes me want to eat it. After my hair appt, I met up with Blondie and one of his friends from college whom he hadn't seen in 15 years. The friend was in town for fun, and the 2 of them met up for a bit, and then we all headed out for pizza. It was a good night and the friend was a lot of fun.

On Friday night, I came home and wanted pizza - we had split pizzas on Thurs night and I had only had 1.5 pieces; so Friday night, I made Blondie order in some more pizza. It was tasty goodness, and the carbo loading helped, because Saturday we got up and headed out for a 6 mile run. I was nervous as we walked out to Riverside Park as I felt my head was not into the run. We started out and my body was also not into the run, but I managed to keep telling myself "just a few more steps" and before I knew it, I had settled into my rhythm. I felt like the time was dragging for the first mile, and then I flew from 1 miles to 3 miles. We turned around at 3 miles, and hit an enormous head wind, but I stuck with it. I made it all the way back without stopping, and did an incredible 11:39 min/pace per mile. It's only 9 secs more than I wanted, and it's only my 2nd outdoor run of this training program!

After our runs, we headed up to the barber shop so Blondie could get a haircut and straight edge shave. His skin feels like butter right now, and his haircut is a really good one - he went in looking like "Wild Blondie" and came out looking like "Sexy Blondie". Although he still is sexy even when he's wild. :) After the haircut, we both had cravings for "bad for you salads" so we hit up the bar - I got mixed greens, grilled chicken, goat cheese, grilled onions and apple; Blondie had the kitchen sink - avo, tomato, grilled chicken, cucumber, mozarella. Both were tasty and the beers were on special due to March Madness.

We got home yesterday afternoon and both just crashed out - no more energy to do anything. We ordered in peruvian food last night (so f'ing tasty), and I was in bed around 9:30 pm. Today I've alreay been down and done cross-training on the precor, and now we are waiting for our groceries to be delivered. No plans yet for the day, and it's a good feeling.

This was week 5 of training (12 week program). I took Monday off, ran 4 miles on Tuesday, 2 miles with hills on Wednesday, 4 miles on Thursday (in 11:03 min/pace!!!!!!), did an hour long stretching DVD on Friday (I was a bit sore), did 6 miles outside yesterday and 45 mins on the Precor today. I'm excited for my run. Blondie is doing really good with his training also, and Mr Pooh is race-day ready already.

I've also started making lists of things we will do when Mr Pooh gets to town - so much stuff to do (and no, it's not all food and beer lists). Blondie and I wanted to take Mr Pooh to a pro sports game, but the only team playing in town is the Yankees, and Blondie is a "no way" to seeing them. But the rest of the list is coming along nicely.

I'm off to CA a week from today - and will get to do all my training runs that week out there along the bay - I'm excited about it, assuming the weather cooperates. And Slick and PFunk will be flying in for a visit that Friday that I get back, soooooo happy to see them again!

--K

No comments: