Sunday, May 05, 2013

A Broken Record

Honestly, my blog this week could be a total clone of last week - and it would all be accurate. I've got to break out of my slump right now and start doing things (anything) again. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

Last Sunday was good - we were planning a low-key day after the gym, so we ordered in some little tacos from a bodega down the street from us. And then my bar friends texted - they were supposed to have other plans last Sunday but those got cancelled so I ended up meeting them at Pony for a few drinks in the afternoon (bourbon barrel beer - FTW). It was a nice surprise, and I'm glad I got a few drinks in with them before starting the week.

My week was semi-fast. My job title got changed on Wednesday - "they" are considering it a "bump up" in title but in all honesty, it's the exact same fucking title as before. It more accurately reflects the group I work in now, but nothing else changed about it. On Thursday, the company brought in a film crew to do some promotional videos - my boss' boss volunteered me to be interviewed about the company (I'm a female on a very technical team and he thought it would reflect well on us). The only problem is that he didn't tell me about volunteering me so I wasn't prepared (I hadn't washed my hair and I had braided it off my face in 2 braids like a little girl, and I was in a t-shirt). I ended up not doing the interview. Oops. The good thing is that I learned my lesson about how not to show up to the office looking. :)

Friday night we took it easy - my bar friends texted again around 8:30 pm on Friday telling us to come to our local bar, but I was just not feeling anything on Friday. I didn't want to leave my apartment for any reason. I felt better after a long night's sleep on Friday - and Saturday we took off around 1:15 pm to head up to Broadway! For Blondie's birthday, I had bought box seat tickets to the Tom Hanks play "Lucky Guy". Tom Hanks is one of Blondie's favorite actors.

The play was amazeballs. There were SOOOO many famous people in it - Tom Hanks of course, Maura Tierney, Shooter McGavin from Billy Madison (we kept whispering "Red Lobster" to each other anytime he was on stage), Courtney B. Vance, the other Bosom Buddy from Bosom Buddies, one of the main actors on Mentalist, the list goes on and on. It was about one of the most famous NYC reporters, and it had been written by Nora Ephron. We laughed our asses off through the play - just really enjoyed it. It was also cool when they would start doing a scene involving a story that the reporter had done - and realizing I had heard all about the story before I ever lived in NYC.

After the play, Blondie and I hit up a bar in the theater district for an early dinner, before heading to a local bakery for treats. After the bakery, Blondie stopped to get a haircut and a straight razor shave - making him look 12 again to me. Then we headed home and finally watched a Netflix we had sitting around for 2 weeks (and seriously - a movie that I adored - Perks of Being a Wallflower - watch it).

Today was spent being crazy busy - we started out with the gym before ordering in food for lunch. Then we finally got all our food ordered for our trip to the Hamptons - that took several hours and several mis-steps before getting it all sorted out. Then it was straight into a ton of cleaning, before ordering in food for dinner. Our apartment looks great now, and I've got a full belly.

This week - I CAN NOT WAIT FOR 4 PM ON THURSDAY! I'm meeting Mr and Mrs Pooh around that time to hang out for a bit. Then we're meeting up with Blondie for some Southern Hospitality for dinner before taking in "Rock of Ages" on Broadway. On Friday morning, Brother R and Shugs, and N&LG land; with MG landing on Friday night. Saturday it's off to the Hamptons for the weekend. And 1 week from today, we celebrate my hottie Blondito Bambino turning the big 4.0.

Workouts!
Monday: Insanity Cardio Recovery
Tuesday: 2.5 miles in 29:50 (whoa! picking up some speed maybe?); 5 min cooldown; weights
Wednesday: 30 day Shred Level 1; abs
Thursday: 30 mins hill intervals - 2 mins 4.1 mph flat, 2 mins 5.3-5.5 mph on 3% grade hill; 5 min cooldown; weights
Friday: 2 miles speed work in 23:08 mins - 2 mins 4.1 mph, 2 mins 6.2-6.8 mph; 5 min cooldown
Saturday: 3.1 miles in 36:58 (all running, but slow); 5 min cooldown; weights; abs
Sunday: 28 mins on Precor - 4 mins level 8, 4 mins level 12; 5 min cooldown; P90X Stretching

--K

No comments: