Sunday, April 06, 2014

Insert Witty Title Here

A week of nothing. It was wonderful.

Last Sunday was what I imagined it being - I binged on Gossip Girl re-runs all day while laying in bed. It was pretty gross weather last weekend, all weekend, and it felt pretty awesome doing nothing and not feeling guilty about doing nothing.

My week was supposed to be low-key but did get away from me a bit. Monday and Tuesday were pretty good - I was in the office both days, and got to catch up with my friends. I did find out that one of my besties had given his notice which was like a sucker punch - expected, but it still hurt. I found out at lunch, and had an immediate text message back-and-forth conversation with him (he wasn't with me when I found out) and then never got a chance at the office to get to actually talk to him.

On Tuesday night, I went out for drinks with a coworker who works full-time not from the office - there are actually about 15 people who do this for my work. She happened to be in town that day, so I met her by work, along with her sister (who lives with another coworker of mine who also works full-time not from the office), and we started out there. Her sister and I live across the street from each other, so we eventually bar hopped our way back to my hood and split a bottle of wine at her sister's apartment. Her sister's boyfriend showed up late at the apartment and when he saw me sitting there, the look on his face was complete shock. Understandably so - because if I walked into my apartment ever and saw him, I'd probably shit myself. It made my night though.

On Wednesday I went out to my NJ site feeling like ass from the night before. It was supposed to be a "boring" day - just finishing up meetings and getting the last tiny bits of the project sorted out (all the crap that's not important so it drops to the very end of things but it still has to be worked on - that crap). However, when I was out there, we realized we had yet another issue, so in breaks between meetings, it was tearing around my site working on getting everything resolved. I can't go to that site without something like that happening - every. single. time.

After the day ended, I rode with another coworker over to another office for the site and met with some of the higher ups about a few things. It was a very low key meeting, and we ended up mostly talking about one of their wives (in a good way) the entire time. It was a nice meeting to end with, but I was so exhausted at that point it took all my willpower not to just yawn in their faces the entire time. A very long ride back to the city followed - tunnel traffic, holla - before a walk back to my apartment to collapse for the night.

I woke up on Thursday and just felt like I had been hit in the head by a hammer - I told Blondie I was going to take a mental health day, and logged into work and sent my boss "I need a mental health day" email. Then I made the mistake of checking email - and have never been so glad I did. My Detroit site was in training mode, and my boss and boss' boss had said I shouldn't go because they would put other people on site to support it. In checking email, I realized that everyone had gotten pulled and the only person left was an extremely new person. I immediately wrote my boss that it was no longer a "mental health day" but instead a "work from home" day because of what happened. He went into an uproar and escalated it around the office (removing people without telling me, and without putting someone else in their place = NO FUCKING NO). I spent the day doing remote support for this and feeling totally ragey that I wasn't there.

After training mode ended for the day, Blondie and I trucked out for an extremely late lunch - 4 pm ish. We decided salads and a patio were in order - because hold the fort you guys - it finally felt like spring!!!! We plopped down at poison bar and had salads, while I chased my lunch with many beers. I needed some Vitamin D I guess, and some food, because I felt mentally stable after lunch for the first time all day.

And Friday - I woke up and it was raining and cold again. I went to work late, talked to my boss about what had happened with training, took an "out of office" lunch (ate out, didn't come back and eat at my desk) and then had a super long meeting with a good friend to end my day. I had several people ask me to go get drinks but I shot them all down and instead met up with my female bar friends for a wine night.

We started out at a wine bar in our hood. I had several glasses of good red, and we split some small plates - cauliflower and spinach salad. It started to get a bit crowded though, so we eventually headed back down the street to a gay bar in my hood for beers and some really bad dancing (on my part) and some really incredible dancing (on my bar friend's part). There was even a strut off between my bar friend and another patron set to the music. We left around 11 pm and I went home and straight to bed.

Yesterday I yet again didn't leave my house. I did a bit of a workout and then watched Gossip Girl all afternoon, before finally showering, and watching TV with Blondie. The KY/WI game was a bit of a shit show - both of us rooting for opposite teams, but we were happy to see KY go onto the final game.

Today it's gorgeous out. Not sure what's on tap - maybe some Pony Bar. Travel this week is NJ travel - I'm out at the NJ/PA site all day Tuesday and have to be in my other NJ site either Wed or Thurs. Other than that, nothing going on.

--K

No comments: