Sunday, July 12, 2015

Short But Sweet

Well, my biggest news is: I am employed again. Yes. It's true. The "staycation" is *over*.

I start my new job tomorrow morning. I'll be doing project management for an IT firm in the financial industry, combined with services management post project management phases. I'm obviously well versed with both forms of management, but I'm not up on finance so this will have a sharp learning curve.

On the plus side, the pay is good and the founder knows about my part-time writing gig. So, yeah. I'm equally parts excited and nervous.

In book news, my book is actually doing really well. Amazon posts "stats" for what an average book sells (new writer, non friends and family buying) and my book is killing those stats. In addition, I put my book in the "borrow" program on Amazon (which is not required and not everyone does it). I get paid per page read once a reader goes past 10% of my book, and so far, in 12 days, I've had a crazy amount of pages read.

My next book comes out next weekend (squee!) and Blondie and I are going to celebrate.

We saw "An Act of God" on Broadway yesterday with Glitter. It stars Jim Parsons (Sheldon from Big Bang Theory whom we also saw in "Harvey" on Broadway last year) and it was ah-mah-zing! Favorite lines include the Sarah Palin one, the "My son is a pussy" one, the "Florida is shaped like a penis", and the part where God blew Michael's wing off. OMG. Literally my all-time favorite play I've seen thus far in my play-going career.

What else? Lots of catching up with friends. I met up with my friends from my last job on Thursday and we literally shut down the bar. It was so good to see everyone and drinks were free (thanks last job!) and lah lah lah... oopsie, bar was closed. And I met up with a friend who had also quit the last job on Friday, and we hung out all day long. Lunch, after lunch drinks, after-after lunch drinks. Just a lot of fun.

The 4th!!!! OMG! Blondie's work rented out this *massive* house in the Hamptons for the 4th. I was nervous because I hadn't met any of the people Blondie works with but my fears were entirely unfounded. Everyone was amazing. The house was amazing. The drinks and food were amazing. I burned my face so badly that I had raccoon eyes for almost 8 days. Eek.

Blondie's new project launched!!!! Blondie and his company have been working on it since Blondie started, and it launched!!!! So crazy happy for him! The feedback has been excellent and I'm so excited for Blondie going forward!

Shania Twain!!! Glitter and I trucked over to NJ last week to go to a Shania Twain concert. Glitter had signed up for a service that gives out last-minute seats for concerts/plays/etc that don't want empty seats toward the front, and so our seats were crazy good. It was a really good concert and I'm happy I got the chance to go. Plus, hitting up Landsdowne after didn't hurt either.

Landsdowne brought back cheese whiz! Cheese whiz, buffalo chicken nachos are back in play. YES.

I feel like that's my news but I might have missed something. If I did, and if I remember, I'll post it this week.

Have a great one, y'all.

--K

No comments: