Wednesday, June 04, 2008

BUSY

So yes, I've been busy. It's been *insane* at work lately. However, there might be good news, really good news, on that front in the next few weeks, so check back for updates on that.

Last weekend was pretty good. Let me just start by saying "I HEART SUMMER FRIDAYS!" Honestly, my life is so much better from the period of Memorial Day to Labor Day b/c of this. Ahhhh.... summer fridays.... my new BFF.

I managed to con Blondie into picking me up from my bus stop last Friday, and we went and ran some errands. One of those errands happened to involve another BFF of ours - that BFF is named "hummus and pita bread". After our late afternoon snack, we headed down to the bar in the hood to say goodbye to Wonderbutt. She's moving to New Zealand in a week, and it sounds like it's going to be really exciting.I cut out early b/c I was suffering some severe exhaustion from the week - I did manage to stop by the corner store on the way home to buy a pint of ice cream, so yay for me.

Saturday Blondie and I met up with my running group for a jaunt through GGP. I love running through GGP - there are so many things to look at (windmills, bison fields, museums, tai chi classes, THE OCEAN), and it makes the time zoom by. I ran 7 miles exactly and Blondie did 9.3 (thanks Garmin watches!)

The weather on Saturday was disgusting so after our run, we decided to just crash out in the apartment. We spent all day watching movies, and it was fabulous.

On Sunday we got out and got our grocery shopping and some other errands done. We hit Safeway-by-the-Ocean for our grocery shop, and made the amazing discovery that this Safeway sells Bud+Clamato (beer and clam juice in a can). Yeah. I spent 5 mins holding back dry heaves after I saw that.

Then on Sunday we were joined by Mr B to the bbbb for some more watching of movies and just hanging out. I decided to take a nap for 2 hours while Blondie and Bbbb watched TV, but other than that, we had a blast.

Work has been hellacious for several weeks now and this week is no exception. I'm so busy I barely have time to breathe - and the average time I get to heat up my lunch is about 2:15 pm every day. Boo hoo right?

--K

1 comment:

Brad Thompson said...

The idea of Bud and clamato makes me cry. And vomit.