Friday, January 22, 2010

New blog!!!

Wooty woot!

Okay, so I've used this blog as a diary pretty much (Captain Obvious reporting for duty sir!). And I like having it as a diary. It's been so great to be able to read back over the past 3 years and see what I've done (haven't done). So I'm going to keep it this way.

However, I also want to blog about what it's like to be new in New York, so I started http://nynoob.blogspot.com. You can peep it under "Yours Truly moves to New York" in the blogs section of this page.

This blog will still be my primary blog, but I'll still be posting on the other blog too.


Our move date is coming up fast. It's kind of taking my breath away to think that in 10 days, I'll be an east-coaster. Blondie sold his truck yesterday and that was a really hard day. The truck was the most expensive thing we owned, and to give it up was hard. In addition, we've also sold a lot of our furniture that won't fit into our new apartment.

I've been to 2 lunches this week with coworkers to say goodbye, and next week I have another lunch and a happy hour. I'm going to cry my last day of work here, and I'm going to BAWL LIKE A BABY when we leave our apartment for the last time.

I really am super excited to move to NYC, but it's also hard to leave a city that I've had such a great time in.

Special thanks to all my friends who've made life here great. Shelbs and Bbbb -if it hadn't been for you 2, we wouldn't have moved here to begin with. You opened your hearts and your house to us, and we are forever grateful to you both. We can't wait for your wedding and we wish you a lifetime of happiness!!!

Sweetie J - You took us under your wing, shared your friends, and cooked us food. You made us want to move to North Beach.

The Sisters C - Superbowl parties will never be the same. Thanks for letting us crash at your apartment when we had no furniture! We love you guys!

Miss HK and Mr SK - Hahahahah, white water rafting! Lieutenant Dangle! GO RAMS! Faux U2!

Party C - you don't live here anymore, but you are the best. I wish I had 1/100th the energy you have. You are proof that you can follow your dream, that you don't have to be tied down to something you hate everyday for no reason. Hope your travels bring you around to NYC eventually!

--K

No comments: