Saturday, March 20, 2010

Kind of like the 12 days of Xmas...

So, last weekend involved:
1 shut down runway
1 massive rainstorm
2 delayed flights
3 states and 200 miles away from where we wanted to be

A trip into Evansville to visit Blondie's sis and family and see her new baby turned into a travel fiasco. Our first flight got delayed, and we were going to miss our connecting flight. So they put us on a flight putting us into the completely wrong state (by a couple). That flight got delayed. Couple that with the JFK runway shutdown for 3 months, and it was a mess.

We finally got to Evansville the next day, 14 hours after we were supposed to. It was good seeing everyone. Blondie's sis' baby TCKITWv5.0 is a real cutie, and TCKITWv3.0 came down with her family, so it was a weekend of nieces!

But don't worry peeps, Blondie, his brothers and I still managed to get in some gambling on the gambling boat in Evansville. We headed there early afternoon and pounded down some beers, and lost some $$$.

Our flight back the next day (that's right, it ended up being 24 hours total with family - that's it) was also delayed, still due to the same rainstorm.

This weekend is a weekend of DOING NOTHING. It's mid-70's here today and beautiful out, so we've got our patio door open and are watching the bball games. We've both pushed ourselves at the gym this week and both of us are S.O.R.E. Plus, we've done something every single weekend we've been here, so we deserve a break! We did make it out to our fish market, veggie stand, and meat market - spent $70 total for some totally fresh and healthy food.

St. Patrick's day was this past week, and let me say, New York LOVES it some St Pattys. I went for lunch with some coworkers, and at 12:45 pm, we couldn't even get into the first 2 Irish bars we headed to. We also saw, still at 12:45 pm, someone getting totally arrested for public intoxication. This guy could not even sit up on the street curb as the cops stood around him.

St. Patty's though turned out to be not so good. My parent's house was broken into and trashed on 3/17 - my thoughts are with both of them and I am going to try and get back to KY very soon to see them. This is when I know we 100% made the right decision to move here. I can take a non-stop 1 hour, 30 min flight straight into their hometown. It's possible to fly in on Sat morning and come back Sun afternoon - which I could never have done from SF.

On a more pleasant note, we also went and saw our first Rangers game on Thurs! We had a blast - and check out our NY blog for more details.

Hope everyone is doing well!

No comments: