Friday, May 27, 2011

To Kentucky, and beyond

Last week was a typical work week with not much going on. It was a nice break after the Atlantic City trip, some downtime was what we needed. We did make it out to our bar one night, and just got to hang out with everyone and drink some scotch (me) and Guiness (Blondie). I had my performance review also last week, and it went okay - about what I expected. Nothing stellar, nothing too craptacular. It was a new job for me, one that I don't really like, so I got about what I expected.

But then, last Friday night, Blondie and I caught a late flight to Kentucky. Our flight which was already late, was delayed several times over, making it *really late*. Luckily we had a direct flight into my family's town, and the flight seemed like it went really fast once we got on the plane, but it was a weird start to our weekend.

We were supposed to go with Mr and Mrs Pooh on Friday night to watch some live music but that got scrapped b/c of how late we ended up getting in. But we did get in. For which I am glad, b/c first thing Saturday morning, on about 5 hours of sleep, Blondie, me, Mr and Mrs Pooh went out and did a 5K together. I had a blast - from chatting with the Poohs before race-time, to finally having a family member (mom) there to watch, to actually racing with family (Mr and Mrs Pooh), and to having my Blondie's knee healed enough that he could join the race with us. Blondie had blown his knee out in our half marathon, but was able to muscle through and heal enough to go with us on our 5K.

Mr Pooh killed the course in 28 mins, followed by Blondie in 32:30 ish, followed by me in 34:09 (no PR but I'm still happy with it) followed by Mrs Pooh in 35:58 (a PR!!!!) After our 5K, they even had donuts. Which made my morning.

After the race, we headed back to my parent's house and showered, and then took off to do some shopping (Kohl's, Old Navy). I made sis stop and get me a huge coffee, and then we met up with Brother R and the Sheriff for some lunch at sit-down mexican. Brother R, Blondie and I got the drinking train started with many margs, before heading back to Brother R's for cards. When Mr and Mrs Pooh got home from TCKITW's gymnastics class, we headed over to their house to blow the rest of the day away. From Guitar Hero to eating all of Mrs Pooh taco dip in 5 minutes to sitting out back and watching TCKITW and TCKITWv4.0 play on the swing set - it was a blast. Tastiness in the form of fried chicken was our dinner, and many many beers completed our day.

Sunday was about the same - we all met up for lunch at a local restaurant before heading over to Brother R's house to play cards all afternoon (typical day with the fam). We had a massive cookout at Brother R's that night, drank a ton of scotch, and I got to enjoy hanging with the family for the first time in almost a year. Shugs got home from her family late that night, and I got to say hi to her for a second before we had to take off.

It was soooo good seeing everyone - I can't believe how big TCKITW and TCKITWv4.0 are! TCKITW is so beautiful - big blue eyes, bright blonde hair, a cute little grin, skinny little legs - she has my heart. And TCKITWv4.0 - the personality on that chick man - I can't even tell you - she also has my heart. When they get older, I have a feeling that TCKITW is the one you would turn to when you need a shoulder to cry on, and TCKITWv4.0 is the one you would turn to when you need someone to join you at the bar because you are tired of crying on someone's shoulder.

Monday we caught an early flight back to NYC and it was straight to work for me - no shower, no nothing. It was awful (and stinky). Tuesday it was beautiful out, so Blondie met me for some beers and dinner at one of our bars on the patio, and then we ran all of our crappy errands for the day. Wednesday I went out to lunch with my fav coworkers, spent some time just laughing and enjoying not being at work.

And then Thursday - Blondie and I decided to check in on the scale, and lo and behold, I've gained 2 lbs from my plateau. Now, 2 lbs for me is not that big of a deal. BUT, I do want to nip this in the bud before it gets any worse. Even though I work out daily, I definitely have gotten out of the habit of eating right. So back on the train. I also ordered the Insanity Beachbody workout - I did really well with my half-marathon training and I think it's because I had a calendar up with all my workouts on it for the training and I could mark it off daily. So I'm going to do that with Insanity - it's a 2 month program and I'm probably going to throw up daily for 2 months because of how intense it looks.

Today starts summer Fridays for me and I'm UBER excited. I'm meeting Blondie in 2 hours for drinks on a patio. I had a really really good run this morning - 3.1 miles in 31:25 which is 10:08 min mile pace, so now am ready to have a beer.

Last week, I did 5 miles on Tuesday followed by Kenpo on Wednesday, and 3.1 miles on Thurs on the treadmill. I took Friday as a rest day and then had my 5K race that Saturday. Sunday and Monday were rest days, with Tuesday being P90X Plyometrics DVD. I did a 5K on Wednesday on the treadmill (in a dismal 34:48), with P90X Shoulders&Arms & Ab Ripper X on Thursday, and 3.1 miles again today (IN A FABULOUS TIME!!!). I hope to get a longer run in this weekend, and a bunch of weight work also.

We have no plans this weekend - it's fleet week here so maybe we'll try to do some of those activities. We also have tickets to a museum that we need to use before they expire, and I want to eat at Colicchio&Sons at some point - so I'll try to talk Blondie into that.

Have a great 3 day weekend everyone!


No comments: