Sunday, August 14, 2011

Easy Like Sunday Morning

So jury duty ended - we came to our verdict on Wednesday, and we were out of the courts by around noon. It was a very interesting process - I learned a lot, and would sit through jury duty again if called (in 6 years). However, it ended on a very bad note - and I've never been so happy to get through the last 2 hours of jury duty in my life.

What I learned from jury duty:
1) All about semi-automatic weapons- how they work, how they fire, how the bullets are "designed", etc.
2) I need to carry mace at all times in NYC
3) I've been super lucky - I've lived in some very big cities (Dallas, San Francisco, NYC) and not been mugged/hurt/assaulted (knock on wood).
4) Everything I've seen on CSI is a lie (you can't separate fingerprints, unless the DNA from multiple sources is the exact same amount - you can't separate it, you definitely can't sharpen up video images/still photographs like they do on CSI).

The week went super fast also - the combination of jury duty and work made it feel like Friday before Monday ended. I had to work late both Monday and Tuesday, but then on Wednesday, I was a shaky wreck when jury duty ended. I called Blondie and he convinced me to take the rest of the day off. It was awesome, and exactly what I needed.

Blondie met me for lunch (White Castle) before we walked over to his bank. From there, it was a walk back up to Times Square where we tried to get tickets for The Lion King on Broadway but they were sold out. So we went to the movies instead and saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes. It was rocking good, but it did take awhile to get going. Once it did though, seriously fun movie. Also it was set in SF, and in 1 scene, you could actually see our old apartment building! After the movie, we hit up Dave & Busters for half-price game day (Wed). We played for about 3 hours for less than $28. We also sat at their bar for awhile and enjoyed a drink which was actually really cheap considering it was D&B in Times Square (tourist central). After D&B, we went for sit down mexican - I had carnitas in red sauce and Blondie had chorizo and potatos, and then we headed to our bodega for a 6-er before heading home to crash. All in all, a day that started shitty but ended awesome.

Friday I got out of work right on time and met Blondie for burgers and a beer. Our restaurant has a monster patio, and we enjoyed the beautiful weather for a bit. Afterwards, we started in the direction of our grocery stores, but stopped off before to split a bottle of wine and relax. Grocery shopping was then done, before we came home and collapsed.

Yesterday was low-key, very overcast and yucky, so we stayed in all day. I had to work for a couple of hours, and then I napped all afternoon. Last night, we caught up on our DVRs. Today I went and did a 3.1 mile run, and then finally put up all my clean clothes (go me! Only took me 3 weeks!) It's pouring rain outside today so I'm not moving from my spot.

I ended up starting Insanity again this week, and I'm going to stick with it for another round. However, I do need to run 2 times a week, so I think I'm going to take my Insanity recovery day and make it a running day.


1 comment:

StartingYourBusinessTodayAdvisor said...

Nice work. I came across your blog while blog surfing using the “next blog” button on the Nav Bar of I am continually fascinated by the types of blogs that exist on the Internet, and the various, creative ways in which people all over the globe express themselves. Thanks for sharing.