Monday, November 20, 2006

News, separated into sections, b/c that's how I like to think. In sections.

1) Vegas baby, Vegas!
We hit the city of sin on 11/10 EARLY. As in, I had to get up at 4:00 am early to get to the airport on time. And S, who had a 3.5 hour flight to get there (vs my 1 hour flight), still made it in before me - so everyone knows how early he got up. Vegas was a BLAST. Everyone started arriving around 4 pm and the boozing started. Slick's flight got delayed out of Chicago and he didn't get in until 3 am on Sat morning - he did lay down a challenge when he called to tell me about the delay.
Slick: Nobody will still be up when I get there.
K: I'll be up.
Slick: boo hoo. Nobody loves Slick.
(For the record, I still love Slick).
Not only did we stay up until he got in, several of us went to bed when the sun was already fully up for the day (me included).

After sleeping until 3 pm, with short breaks to, ahem, relieve myself of excess alcohol (i.e. puke), I hit it hard again. Me and S, A&B, Paulie and Angie, and Matt (dirty sanchez) and Natalie hit downtown. We decided Barbary Coast needed our money more than we did, so we gave it to them in the form of BlackJack. Then we decided our stomachs needed margaritas - so it was a very very boozy ride back to the strip. Where we stayed up until 4 am. With a 3:30 am Wendy's run. Ugh. I gained 50 lbs on that trip.

2) The pressure is off
THE HOUSE SOLD. We found out on Thurs.

3) I'm no longer homeless.
I picked up my apartment keys on Friday.

4) I'm no longer catless
My buddies (hi Max and Tigga!) flew on their first plane ride Saturday night with their dad to join me in SF. They were a bit tense (to say the least) and have spent the last few days craning their necks to check their new home out. Max has also (appropriately) slept in the closet the last few nights. But they are here, and they are safe.

5) Random coincidences from this past weekend.
a) My partner-in-crime and I met a a girl (S1) and her friend about 2 weeks after I got into town. She's introduced me to several of her friends, and we've hung out many times. One of those friends called on Fri night and I went and met her and her friend (H) for drinks. H called this girl she used to work with (M) and M brought her b/f D. After about 20 mins of chatting, we figured out that D used to work at the NYC branch of my company! As soon as he asked where I worked and I told him, and then he said I used to work there, it hit me that I knew who he was and used to hang out with him when he would go to the DFW office. We (all of us) had a BLAST that night.
b) I met another of S1's friends on Thurs night - we'll call her S2. S2 has cats and I'm going to catsit for her over Thanksgiving. S2 called last night to tell me that she told her sister about me (just moved from DFW, works at company blah), completely randomly, my partner-in-crime and I (on yet another drinking trip) had met her sister about 3 weeks ago at a bar downtown.

HOW RANDOM CAN IT GET???

Now that we have an apartment - come visit people!!!

---K

1 comment:

April said...

I'm so confused by all of the acronyms, and I've met half these folks. Perhaps you should use social security numbers to clear up the ambiguity?

xoxo