Thursday, December 14, 2006

The Night Before Closing...

It's the night before closing
in this big barren house,
all by myself
I'm missing my spouse.
The house is so empty
it's almost time to go.
The movers took our stuff,
the truck is in tow.
Ten years spent in Texas
the time flew by so fast.
It's hard to think it's over,
this chapter closed and passed.
The path that I have taken
and have been on through the years
has brought me very good friends
with whom shared many beers!
The good friends I made
and meeting my beautiful wife
were all done right here
enriching my life.
Off to California
that's the place where I will go
to start a new chapter
starting in San Francisco.
New friends will be made
and new memories found,
but I'll never forget the good times
spent on this ground.
Goodbye y'all in Texas,
you'll surely be missed.
It's time for a change
so we're heading out West.

--S

1 comment:

Kerri&Shaun said...

can't wait to see you chompers!