Thursday, December 28, 2006

The past week in review... well, to be honest, technically the past 9 days in review.

I can't stress enough how happy we are to have stuff again. It's made my life so much better being able to get out of BED (yay!) and stumble out to the COUCH (yay!) and watch TV (yay!) In addition to having stuff, we also have our own internet connection again (my upstairs neighbors, or whoever's internet I was 'borrowing', thank Comcast) and cable! Hooray for cable!

What has happened... Well, a whole of drinking and eating and partying, followed by periods of doing absolutely nothing.

Last Friday, me and S met my sweetie friend J out at the bar. We got our drink on and then proceeded to dinner where we ate honestly the best crab I've ever eaten along with the best soup I've ever eaten. oh god. I'm drooling thinking about it. From there, we went out dancing. Do you know how long it's been since I've been dancing? Yes, it's been a long long time. Long time. And it showed. Give it up for a white girl dancing - that sounds bad and believe me I dance worse than that sounds. HOWEVER, I've never seen anyone move like J does. I might have to alter my opinion that she's innocent, because she sure doesn't look like that on the dance floor.

Saturday, Sunday and Monday saw me and S holed up in our apartment in front of our TV. Here is a step by step guide to recreating our last weekend (for those who want to give it a try):
1) Put movie in DVD player and press start.
2) Pause movie about 20 minutes in to refresh alcoholic beverage.
3) Repeat step 2 for remainder of movie (sometimes including snacks).
4) Repeat steps 1-3 for 3 days.

We did take a break to open Xmas gifts from the KY-side of the family on Xmas eve. Thanks mom! We LOVED our gifts! I now have a fluffy new bathrobe so that I don't flash my neighbors anymore. And we took a break on Xmas day to do a web conf with WI-side of the family. Hi guys! It was good seeing you over the computer!

We finally got out of the house on Tues. We took the train to Union Square to look at the giant Xmas tree and the giant menorah. Then it was a trip down to Embarcadero to check out the ferry building (opening scene of So I Married an Axe Murderer - "Port of San Francisco"), with a BART ride back to Mission for much-needed mexican food fix. J called on Tues - she had too much family time over the weekend and needed booze and cigs.

Which leads us into Wed. After viewing an extremely boring movie with J, we started drinking - martinis at Metreon lead to the Sutter Gutter where we met Suz and her sis (the random girl I met with my partner in crime - see posting from about a month back) which led to a random Chinatown restaurant where J ordered in Mandarin (I sure as heck couldn't read the menu) and I ended up eating a chicken heart (TASTY!)

Plans for the rest of the week:
1) Hog Island tonight for beer and oysters (honestly, is anyone shocked that all my plans involve booze and food?)
2) Gnarls and The Flaming Lips on 12/30
3) Boozing in North Beach tomorrow night (if I get the energy)
4) Wisconsin bowl game and GB Packer game on 12/31.
5) Drinking non-stop on 12/31.
6) Puking non-stop on 1/1.
7) Back on my diet to lose all my weight again on 1/2. Boo.

Hope everyone had a very good Xmas and are going to have a very booze NYE!
--K

1 comment:

April said...

I look forward to participating in #7 on your upcoming plans.

I actually gained 1/2lb PER DAY in Texas. If you need me anytime in the next 4 months, I'll be at the gym...