Monday, October 08, 2007

Happy happy happy happy happy SF-versary!

A year ago yesterday, Yours Truly moved to SF, and started the slow painful process (painful for them - I had a blast though ;) of inflicting herself on Shelbs and Mr Bbbb for 6 weeks.

A year ago yesterday, I was a wreck. I didn't know if the move was a good thing, I didn't know if the TX house would sell, I didn't know where we were going to live, I didn't know anyone in SF but Shelbs and Mr Bbbb, I had a new office and new people to look forward to that I didn't know, I was missing my cats, and Blondie was only staying a week before heading back to TX.

Looking back though, this was the best thing we could've done. We needed to be jerked out of the rut we were in, and what a way to do it!

From meeting some of the best people in the world (Sweetie J, Party C, and everyone else I've been priviledged to cross paths with!) to leaving the despised old job... it's been a whirlwind.

So - THANK YOU:
1) Shelbs and Bbbb. Of course. If it hadn't been for you all, well, I don't know if we would've stayed out here.
2) Sweetie J - for taking me under her wing and introducing me to her FABULOUS friends and for her insane cooking skills!
3) Party C - I need someone like C to remind me that fun time starts the minute I walk out of the office at the end of the day.
4) Blondie - for trusting me enough to know that I meant I needed out of TX. And for paying for this move. And for moving with me.
5) Blue Angels - if you keep flying over the city on my 1 year SF-versary, I'm going to get pretty dang spoiled!

Other important dates coming up:
1) 10/10/2007 - Blondie's and Your's Truly official 4 year anniversary.
2) 10/17/2007 - Sweetie J! (yes, I realize it's lame I remember these dates, but I just do)
3) 10/28/2007 - Party C! (yes, STILL lame)
4) 11/17/2007 - the cats became SF residents
5) 12/16/2007 - Blondie's SF-versary

Other important things coming up:
1) Going back to KY for the first time in 16 mos on Thurs evening. Will get to see the fam (including the Cutest Kid In the World) and see Mr Pooh get his 4.0 MBA degree. Will get to take Blondie to White Castle (ugh) for the first time. Will get to see Brother R's new deck for the first time. Will get to see Sis' new cats for the first time.
2) Going back to TX on 11/16. Will help Blondie say goodbye to his work and will spend one last weekend in downtown FtW (yes, beer will be heavily involved in this trip)
3) Going to Spokane for Thanksgiving. Will be spending the holiday with family for the first time in a LONG time. Brother R and Shugs, Crazy Crazy Uncle and Aunt, and me and Blondie.

So much to look forward to!
--K

No comments: