Monday, January 28, 2008

I've got nothing today...

So Blondie and I had an excellent weekend. I got to come home early on Friday (it was pouring down rain, and I had to work late, so I thought - F it, I'll work from home). We ended up lazing around in the evening, watching TV, and doing a lot of nothing.

Saturday is our sleep-in day (sleep-in day - just the sound of it gives me goose bumps). So we did exactly that. It was everything I dreamed it would be - literally. On Friday morning, I had a dream that it was Saturday and I didn't have to get out of bed - and then the alarm went off and ruined that buzz. So Saturday was off to a much better start than Friday.

Saturday afternoon we met up with the fabulous duo of Shelbs and Bbbb for a movie and dinner. The company was fabulous (seeing as how they are the fabulous duo, they are in fact, fabulous). The movie was hard to watch. And dinner was good.

Side note *** - I've always known my mom is a strong person, but after watching the movie (it had to do with coping with a parent with dementia), if that movie is representative of 1/100th of what my mom when through with her mom, then she's stronger than I ever imagined.
End side note ***

After our movie/dinner combination, we went to a friend's b-day party in Union Square. This friend has been to pastry chef school and had made a ton of mini-cupcakes. So even though we just had come from dinner, Blondie and I proceded to shove about 5 mini-cupcakes each in us. It was worth it.

Then it was off to NB to help dear Sweetie J ring in her 30's also! WELCOME TO MY DECADE PEOPLE!

Sunday Blondie and I hit Bikram for "Fun with Katie". It was horrendous.

BUT, we're both killing it at Bikram due to Bootcamp AND at Bootcamp due to Bikram.

Which leads us to today - I had a breakthrough last week with my running and did our entire run (50 mins or so) without stopping. I did it again today - according to my bootcamp instructor who does not give compliments (she's not mean, she just doesn't compliment), I ran it much faster today!!!! And Blondie went out with the Advanced group for his run and whalloped it too!

Today WILL be a good day.

--K

No comments: