Tuesday, May 20, 2008

B2B... Speedy peeps...

Blondie and I set out to run the Bay To Breakers 12K (7.46 miles) race on Sunday. This race takes you from downtown by the SF bay, all the way across town to the Pacific Ocean. We both rocked it out. I only had to walk a tiny portion of the 11.15% grade hill that came between miles 2.5 and 3 - and was able to run the rest (1:32:11). Blondie of course, ran the entire thing and rocked it out!!!!

The thing about B2B is that 60,000 people set out to do this thing, but only about 25,000 finish it - the rest get TRASHED along the course. So after we finished the race, Blondie and I walked the 4 miles from the ocean back to our 'hood and hung out with Party C, Wonderbutt, and few other friends to watch everyone else come through.

I got passed by naked men who were running. That's right. Completely butt naked. Everything flopping around. They still passed me.

Ouch. That's all I have to say.

Blondie and I had taken last Thurs and Fri off of bootcamp in order to be rested for the race on Sunday, so today was our first day back. Monday was the start of a new camp, and was initial assessment for the new people. So today we show up thinking we'd be doing a class, but we ended up having to take the run test today.

15:38!!!! 1.5 miles in 15:38! That's CRAZY good for me! That's also 1:26 faster than last time I did the run test (thanks running group!)

But the incredible news is Blondie - who did his 1.5 miles in 12:08!!!!

I think we are most proud of the fact that we ran our fastest times today, 2 days after we did a 7.5 mile run with a 4 mile walk back to our apt after.

Go us!

--K

No comments: