Friday, August 21, 2009

Chi Running... Looking forward to KY...

I think everyone knows by now that Blondie, his bro MG, and I are all going to run Green Bay Marathon in May 2010. Ahem, anyone else that might like to join us, feel free! I've started doing some initial training for this run - mostly getting my body used to going 3-6 miles comfortably for now. It's going okay - thanks to my old bootcamp instructor, I know how to muscle through a run I don't want to do.

However, I still hate it. So while I complete the runs, every step I take I think "I HATE THIS. I hate being fat. I hate it all. Why can't I be skinny? I'd never do a fucking lick of exercise if I had the metabolishm to stay skinny without work." - and then repeat that for every step.

This isn't going to work for the marathon. If I still think this, I'll drop out 10 miles into this race. So I signed up with my old running group for Chi Running. This is a private training class where they basically teach you how to get out of your head and into your body. You get in touch with your body's rhythms and moods, and work with them, not against them. To paraphrase: "We help make running effortless". I'm really looking forward to it, and hope hope hope it helps!

I'm so excited for the KY trip next week - and want to put an official thank you to the Sheriff for buying our tickets for us. I can't wait to see everyone, go to the park, bowl, play Rock Band, play cards, etc. I feel like I'm on vacation already, which is scary b/c I still have 2 days, 1 hour and 13 minutes to go.

I'm actually taking a real summer Friday this week, and instead of going to the gym and grocery shopping (we don't need to shop b/c we won't be here next week!) I'm meeting Blondie for burgers and beer around 2 pm! Can not wait! It's sunny and gorgeous outside, so we are going to sit on a patio and people watch while we eat and drink.

--K

No comments: