Sunday, April 04, 2010

Wooty Woot! We love you NYC!

The only thing that ruins a weekend for me is "Sunday Dread". I'm sure I don't need to explain it to anyone, but just in case - it's that feeling you get when you realize that your 2 sweet precious days of freedom are about done, and all you have to look forward to is work for the next 5 days. I know there are people out there who love their jobs, who don't deal with this feeling, and while I don't hate my job, I certainly wouldn't think twice about quitting if I won the lottery. OMG. Rambling. Anyway, this weekend was so good I almost don't have Sunday Dread!

Blondie and I hit up our bar on Friday night to enjoy some beers on the patio. It was so good getting to catch up with Blondie, and enjoy some cold beverages on a hot day. I know everyone is thinking "Catch up with Blondie? But you live together". And it's true - but it's still nice to get out, without a TV playing, with no distractions, just Blondie and me, and just chat.

Saturday we got up, and after nursing our headaches, I did my EA Active for the first time in like oh a year. I've been working out pretty regular for about 5 weeks now, but OMG, I hurt-ed my butt. I seriously feel like someone has punched me in both ass cheeks today due to the program I did.

After I did my work out, Blondie and I headed out to run a completely boring errand in Times Square, and then we caught the subway down to the Brooklyn Bridge (I'll post about it on the NY blog as soon as I get all the pictures downloaded). We strolled over the bridge with the 20000 other people that had the same idea, and took ourselves to a whole other borough!

A stop at an ice cream truck for soft serve, and then it was off to wait in a 2 hour line for what is rumored to be the best pizza in NYC. It was certainly delicious, but both Blondie and I agreed that it was not worth the wait or the time it took to get to Brooklyn in the first place. But, we are glad we did both - the bridge and the pizza.

When we got home last night, I collapsed completely in total pain from the EA Active program, and we ended up watching movies almost all evening.

Today we headed off to the Hells Kitchen Flea Market - I'm on the lookout for some fabulous bags so that I fit in more with NYC women. I found one that I truly loved but Blondie pointed out it was a tote (it didn't fit on my shoulder, I would have to carry it with my hand the entire time) and that's easy to get ripped off like that. So it was with sadness that I put it back.

We stopped for some turkish food afterwards. I had a grilled chicken and tahini pita wrap, and Blondie had a falafel plate (Blondie ate vegetarian and I didn't??? What's the world come to???) - the food was truly amazing and they deliver!

Then, since it's Easter, I had to have candy so we stopped at our drugstore on the way home for M&M's - it ended up being a good stop b/c they had Blondie's cereal on sale for buy 1, get 1 free - so we felt like that made the stop worthwhile.

I talked myself into working out again this evening, and actually feel a lot better in the legs and butt since I got my blood moving. I'm about to eat some more M&M's and finish watching my Project Runway. The door to the patio is open, the sun is out, it's still warm, and I live in NYC.

Yep, no Sunday Dread today.

--K

No comments: