Sunday, June 13, 2010

Phew!


The week is over. I'm grateful. I had a blast last weekend in Philadelphia, but definitely am glad I'm in downtime right now.

So my week started with Blondie catching another Amtrak to Chicago. His dad came down from The Land of Cheese and picked him up, and he's been spending the week up there. He'll be back to NYC on Tuesday. I miss my Blondie. It's boring without him here. My cats are definitely not happy that they are the only ones I get to talk to at home now. They'll be trying to sleep, and I'm all in their faces going "Tell me about what you did today!" An eye will crack, a mean face will be put on, and I will not get the hint.

My week was pretty low key. I had a bad day at work - one of those days were you look around your office (or cube or wherever you sit/stand for work) and wonder how in the f'ing world you are going to survive another 30 years of work. Luckily, it was just one day that I felt that way, but coming out of those moods takes a lot out of me.

I swear I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer today. So I'll give you some good news from my weekend. Yesterday started off with a really good sweaty workout, and then I headed up to Times Square to see SATCII. My lunch was a bag of gummy bears, and it was everything I wanted.

AND THEN, to make my day even better, my friend from Philadelphia took a break from her hubby and kids, and took the train to NYC to visit me. We had a couple of beers and some dinner, and then walked over to Broadway to see MAMMA MIA! OMG. MUSICALS. Everytime I see a musical, I'm like "okay, it doesn't get better than this." And then I see another one, and realize it does get better.

After the play, we headed to the UWS to Magnolia Bakery for cupcakes, and then I rode with her back to Penn Station for her to catch her train home. It was soooo good seeing her!

Today I got up and putzed around for a bit, before finally heading down to the gym. I have a race in Central Park on Wednesday so I wanted to time myself for the distance I'm going to run to give myself an idea of what timing I'm looking at. It actually wasn't that bad. I'm completely worn out now though.

The rest of my day is going to look like this: 1) eat fruit (I hit the farmer's market yesterday afternoon between the movie and my friend visiting and had a little bit of a love affair with the berries); 2) watch TV (is 'Bethenny Getting Married?' going to be as good as RHONYC?); 3) watch scary movie I downloaded off of Netflix; 4) make fajitas for dinner (I also had a love affair with all the peppers and cilantro yesterday at the farmer's market). Yum. Food.

--K

No comments: