Saturday, April 02, 2011

The Shit Show, from west to east

So 2 weeks ago, I took off bright and early to go back to SF for work for the week. I decided I would try forgoing my typical bag of gummy bears at the airport, and instead, bought a piece of fruit for the flight. The flight took off on time, but due to craptacular weather throughout the US, we landed 45 minutes late. I started watching the moving map over Colorado, and if you want to know how to make a 7.5 hour flight seem longer, the answer is keep your eyes on the map. I thought we'd never get there. On top of the that, the fruit did nothing to alleviate my hunger, and I was pissed off I didn't get my gummies.

Okay, so wah wah wah, we land and I go to my hotel and decide to get in my cross training for the week - so headed down to the gym and did a 50 minute fast walk on the treadmill holding weights for part of the time. Afterwards, I was ravenously hungry - enough so I thought I was going to pass out - so I headed out and grabbed a bagel loaded with veggies and some lox.

KT picked me up after that, it was SO GOOD to see her. We headed out to Daly City and went Target/mall shopping. We just enjoyed getting to hang out and get caught up on what was going on in each other's lives. After shopping, we stopped for dinner and drinks, before heading back to the city for margaritas. She dropped an exhausted me off that night, and I hit the sack.

It was a typical week in terms of not sleeping well, serious stomach problems, and non-stop drinking. I went out with CChu and TDawg on Monday for drinks and dinner, followed by drinks on Tuesday with a ton of people before going to dinner with some coworkers, followed by 2 going away parties on Wednesday (one for my BFF from work - sad face), followed by a sloppy NCAA game night watching with Ms HK. I hadn't see Ms HK in forever, and had a total blast that night. Work was work that week - nothing much special going on, which was good because I was feeling awful. Everytime I go back to SF, I have so much fun seeing everyone but my body revolts.

On Friday, I caught a flight back to NY - and the flight went really fast - yay for tailwinds! ;) I got to the apartment late night on Friday, ate some beans and rice, and then downed 2 scotches to pump my energy up. Slick and Funk-ster arrived an hour after I got home! We all immediately slammed a beer before heading to our local pub to watch the b-ball games and drink some more.

Saturday, I headed out for a 4-mile taper run, before we all went for lunch - we hit the bar and I had a salad and cup of chili (and beers), and it was tasty goodness. After the bar, we hit up the Metropolitan Museum of Art. It's a HUGE spage, I can't even describe how big this place is. We saw 4 exhibits, a fraction of what they have, and were there almost 3 hours. You could literally spend a week in this place, all-day, and not have seem everything. The exhibits we picked to see were: "Ancient Egypt", "Arms and Armour", "1920's Photography", and "Musical Instruments".

After the Met, we hit up a surf bar in our hood, before going home to get ready to go for Egyptian food in the Meatpacking District! We had a late reservation - and by then, we were starving. We had some awesome food and got to watch a great belly dancer (no match for Funk-ster though). Afterwards, we hit up another bar for some beers before Funk-ster's urge to dance overtook us all. We hit up the closest dance club, and had a blast, before heading home around 3 am for the night.

Sunday, we took it easy. Hahahhahaha. Slick's cousin and his woman came over from Brooklyn for brunch, and then a "quick beer" afterwards turned into 6 hours of solid drinking, and cheering on UK to victory. We went for Peruvian for dinner, and then it was home for bed.

Monday, I had the day off - Funk-ster and I went to the gym and I did my 50 mins of cross training on the Precor and lifted weights. Afterwards, we went for a slice of pizza before taking the Staten Island Ferry to Staten Island (which made it for me all boroughs that I've been in now). We had a quick beer in a pub over there, before heading back to the UWS. We dropped Funk-ster at Lincoln Center Performing Arts Library for a couple of hours, while the rest of us stopped in for oysters and beer at a local pub. She joined us later for a beverage before we walked back to our hood and had Indian food for dinner. Afterwards, we stopped for crepes and soft serve before hitting up our local bar again.

Tuesday, I wasn't feeling so hot, so I called in sick. The 4 of us went for breakfast before we said goodbye to them for their trip back home. I literally slept most of the day after that, and still felt weird when I went to bed on Tuesday night. I woke up Wednesday and knew what the problem was - stomach flu. I spent the next 7 hours expelling from both ends, most of the times simultaneously. It was awful. The only upside is I gained no weight from the 4 days of debauchery due to this.

Thursday I woke up and still felt not good, but dumb ass me decided to try to run - I had no fuel in my body whatsoever, managed to get 1.92 miles, and then declared it over. I made it into work, but kept the door to my office shut/locked most of the day. Yesterday I finally felt better, and finally felt hungry, so I had a salad and soup for lunch, and spaghetti for dinner. Today we're about to go on an 8-mile run. I'm a little nervous b/c my training was completely screwed up this week due to the visit from friends and the sickness. I'm hoping to rock it out, and actually am looking forward to this run (unlike most that I dread).

So, the week in SF was week 7 of training - that week I did 50 minutes cross training (hill program walking on treadmill) on Sunday, 25 mins of Precor and weights on Monday, 4.5 miles running on Tuesday, 3 miles hill work on Wednesday, 4.5 miles on Thursday, took Friday as a rest day to fly back, and then 4 mile taper run on Saturday.

Week 8 of training had me taking Sunday as a rest day (not planned), 50 minutes cross training on the precor on Monday, Tues and Wed as rest days (sick), 1.92 miles on Thurs (supposed to be 4.5), and rest day on Friday (still trying to recover). This was a shit week. However, it's my only shit week, and as long as I can finish my workout today, I'll feel okay about it. I'm still feeling confident about the half, and now that I feel completely recovered, I'll be back working out full-force starting today.

Hope everyone is doing well, and GO CATS GO!



InStyleMakeup said...

just found your blog very interesting hope yea feel better :)

Kerri&Shaun said...

Thanks - feeling better finally! I'm off to check out your blog now.