Sunday, February 05, 2012

Good One


Isn't it a pleasant surprise when I have a good week? As opposed to my typical "shitty", "bad", "craptacular", "any other adjective that is the opposite of good". It was a good week - a long week, but a good one.

Blondie's sis came back to stay the night last Sunday. She got in, and we putzed around for a bit, but then headed out to our favorite mexican restaurant - I love this place. It's a tiny little place, you walk by it and don't even know it's there. She and I both had some sangria, and we all ate the hell out of our food. BTW, you can add cactus to any meal there - we tried it one night when we were both a little blotto - and so good. We add it to everything. "Carnitas in red sauce with cactus please", and "Chicken in chipotle sauce with cactus please" - those are the orders we always give.

Monday was off to work again - things are starting to slow down with my sucky project, but it's still suckity suck. Just like last week. Blondie and I cooked an excellent meal at home that night - chicken, brussel sprouts, and rice. We eat out so much, that I crave home cooked food - and that meal did it for me. Hit the spot.

Tuesday, work again, but then we headed out to the bar on Tuesday night. They had drawn the Super Bowl squares and we wanted to see what numbers we had gotten - 1 and 6 (I can't remember what team has what number). But keep your fingers crossed that we see that at some point. We ate dinner there, had many drinks, and caught up with our bar friends and our bartender. A really good night.

Wednesday was low key. We cooked in again - made fajitas/tacos, and beans with chorizo. We shoveled it all in record time. When we left TX, we swore we'd never eat at chain restaurants again. Then we moved to SF, and there were no chain restaurants, so all we craved was, you guessed it, chain restaurant food. And now in NY, what I find myself truly craving is food cooked by us. I never thought I'd get tired of eating out, but it happened.

Thursday was a bad/good day (only 1 of these in a week is a good thing). Things blew up for my project on Thursday night, but it turned out some of my coworkers were around late, and we were able to talk through what happened and come up with a pretty good solution to the problem we were having. Also, I work with teams cross country for this project, and I've been feeling pretty shitty about how I'm doing in this role - my boss ended up forwarding me an email on Thurs night that the SF team had sent to her telling her how much they appreciate my work, and how hard of a worker I am.

Friday was a long day - I didn't feel right when I woke up, and couldn't shake the feeling all day. I felt like my eyes were swollen to little slits (they weren't), and I couldn't stop sneezing/yawning. I must've had 5 cups of coffee on Friday to no avail. I drug my ass home on Friday night, we ordered food in, and then we somehow found the strength to rally. We headed over to our bar and met up with our bar friend, before catching a cab to the West Village to see my other bar friend in her cabaret/burlesque V-Day show! My friend is such a good singer and performer. And I love seeing her troupe come together for these shows - these guys have a dream, and they are actively pursuing it. It makes me so happy to see them fighting to do what they love.

Saturday was a blah day - I felt pretty hung over. As tired as I was on Friday, I still managed to put down a Manhattan and 6 beers. And Blondie and I are trying to eat right again, so our meal on Friday was small and healthy. I made the decision to move my long run to today, and just did a regular workout on Saturday. We ordered in a late breakfast (egg whites, turkey, brocoli, and tomato omelet; fruit salad) and then made a very healthy dinner (pork chops, sauteed spinach, potatos) while watching Fast Five. I like the Fast and the Furious series pretty well, but Fast Five sucked. The "pulling a safe" scene at the end had me rolling my eyes so hard I'm sure people in Jersey could see me.

Today I woke up, felt uber tired (I can't seem to shake this) but made myself go down to the gym anyway. I made it the entire 4 mile run without stopping to walk (SQUEEEE!), and then headed out to run errands (cashing checks, pedicure). Blondie met me after my pedi, and we headed to a local argentinean restaurant for lunch. We split a roasted chicken, and beans, and I had tuna ceviche and Blondie had empanadas for appetizers. We're home now, relaxing before we head over to our bar to watch the Super Bowl tonight. I'm rooting Giants, just so I can go to a ticker tape parade. But honestly, I don't care who wins - which means I will really enjoy the game as I'm not freaking out like last year that the Packers wouldn't pull it off.

Everything else is good. Blondie is actively working out again since his neck is healed - which is awesome news. Max is blind as a bat, and follows me around like he's a dog always wanting attention. He gets it. He rides with me everywhere when I'm in the apartment - I pretty much carry him around at all times. Tigger is an ass - I don't know what crawled up his butt, but he pretty much hates everyone and everything. I like making him mad by resting my head on him (not full force, just putting my head lightly on his belly) - he hates when I do this, and just lays there rumbling and growling. It makes me laugh.

Workouts this week were GOOD - 14 days down, 70 days to go. It's still a pain in the ass to get myself out of bed in the morning, but know I feel better when I do workout, so I've been trying to just remember that when the alarm goes off.

Monday - Strength Day - P90X Shoulders & Arms
Tuesday - Run Day - 3 miles in 39:16 (shamefully slow - walked part of it)
Wednesday - Run Day - 2 miles in 23:52 (ran it all, 11:xx min miles!!!! Below 12 min miles is awesome for me right now) + weights
Thursday - Run Day - 3 miles in 38:15 (walked only 2 mins of it) + weights
Friday - Rest Day (knocked this one out of the park)
Saturday - Cross Training Day - Insanity Pure Cardio disc
Sunday - Run Day - 4 miles in 49:32 (RAN IT ALL!!!!!!!!! Still very slow though) + weights

--K

No comments: