Monday, September 03, 2012

A week of chores

The Blonde One and I were back to our normal shenanigans of "let's be lame" this week. Blondie had a stomach ache for the first part of the week, so we took the time to hunker down and do a whole lot of nothing.

In good news though, as of this morning, Blondie is in the top 40's for new paid games in general on Droid phones, and is in spot 19 for new paid Action&Arcade games!!! I've said it before, and I'm about to say it again, but gooooo Blondie! I'm amazed by what you've done!

This week involved a lot of chores that I've been putting off. Monday, I left work a bit early to get my hair redone. My roots had grown in pretty bad, and my hair was getting really long. My hair guy turned my hair back into a beautiful blonde color, and kept the length pretty long but put in a lot of layers so it wasn't so heavy looking (I have a ton of hair). I don't know why I have a brain block against getting my hair done - it's always a 3 hour gossip session with my hair guy so it's a blast, but then it's 3 hours. Which is a long time. It's hard being blonde when you aren't a natural blonde. But it's hard being a brunette (natural color) when you're also starting to go gray and you don't wany anyone to see the gray. So blonde it is.

On Tuesday I finally drug myself to my gyno for my semi-annual checkup. Again, this is literally in and out in 3 minutes, but the thought of calling, making the appointment, walking over from work, waiting, having the appointment, walking back to work... ugh. Wah wah, life's so hard! But anyway, kudos to me for doing something I have to do anyway if I want to keep myself in birth control pills.

And on Wednesday, I finally got myself to get blood work done. My work is refunding money monthly if you do bloodwork once a year, so I had to get that done before end of Sept. I HATE getting blood drawn, so much so that I almost talked myself out of getting my own money back. But I finally did it. WOO HOOOOOO. And then the day got better - I was relieved that the blood work was over, and then my 2 besties and I did lunch that day. Day over and done before I felt like it even started.

And every night I came home and cooked. Okay, that's a lie. 4 paragraphs in and I've lied to you. I cooked on Monday night, and then ate my leftovers on Tuesday and Wednesday. Blondie stuck to soup for the week, so I got to eat my giant platter of fajitas by myself over the course of 3 nights.

Thursday was a slow day - work is grinding down right now as we start to come into holiday. That sounds like a joke (holiday - Sept?) but it's true. We have a release end of Sept and end of Oct, but the end of Sept release is going into freeze this week, and the end of Oct release doesn't involve anyone at the NY office so I'm off the hook for it. Anyway, the point was on Thursday I couldn't concentrate about anything except the upcoming 3 day weekend. So that made the day feel super f'ing long - I felt like all I did was stare at the clock on my laptop. I made a big egg scramble for myself on Thursday night - it was mostly veg but it still tasted pretty good.

Finally, it was Friday - the day went really fast but it was sad because it was my last summer Friday for the year - back to full Fridays starting in 2 weeks (this week, I'm off). I stopped at the grocery on the way home to pick up some food for the weekend, and then came home, stripped off my work clothes, cooked lunch for me and Blondie (refried beans mixed with a ton of veg - peppers, onion, tomato, cilantro, jalapeno, etc), and then collapsed on the floor and took a nap. We started a Star Wars marathon on Friday also and made our way through eps1 and 2.

Saturday it was gorgeous out, so Blondie and I made our way up to Herald Square to the Macys there and did some shopping. I needed a body shaper for Slick's wedding this coming weekend, and Blondie needed a new dress shirt to go under his suit for the wedding also. Afterwards, we slowly walked back to our hood and did some minor grocery shopping - loaf of bread, Sriracha sauce, and then decided to have a lunch out. We hit up a peruvian place in our hood which is one of our favorite places. Blondie had empanadas and a seafood platter - it was fish, octopus, calamari, shrimps, mussels, clams in a creamy tomato sauce over rice. I had tuna tartar and red beans. And fair warning - my bean cravings are back big time. After lunch, we stopped at the pet store to pick up some supplies for our Tigga, and then it was home for naps.

Yesterday we took it easy also - Blondie worked in the morning, and then in the afternoon, we sat out on our balcony for awhile watching traffic. The weather was pretty crappy so we decided to eat at a local mexican place for dinner (close walk in case it started to rain). Blondie had chicken in chipotle sauce with rice and beans; I had chorizo and eggs with 2 sides of beans (hahah - beans! guess what else I've been doing all weekend?) We stopped on the way home for a Red Bull for me (another habit I've gotten into) and then finished Star Wars eps3 and 4.

Today, I'm not at work. And I'm ECSTATIC. It's crappy weather again outside, so collapsing on the floor all day sounds fine to me. It's a very short week for me as I have Friday and next Monday off. We're off to Chi-town on Friday to take part in 2 of my favorite people's wedding ceremony - so happy for Slick and PFunk! Next week, my best work bud from SF is in town and I get to meet his new boyfriend for the first time so I'm excited about that. Blondie's sis and her family are in town at the end of Sept; followed by Mr Pooh (hopefully!) at beginning of Oct. And Blondie and I have a 9 year wedding anniversary tossed in there sometime between end of Sept and beginning of Oct - the date we celebrate this year will depend on the timing of our guests.

Workouts - give me a pat on the back - I will fit into this dress for the wedding:
Monday: Wii Fit Island Workout
Tuesday: Rest Day
Wednesday: 30 minutes on treadmill - 2 min at 4.1 mph; 2 min at 5.5 mph; + 5 min cooldown + weights
Thursday: 30 Day Shred level 1; half of Insanity Cardio Abs
Friday: Insanity Cardio Recovery
Saturday: 3 miles on treadmill (37:23) - 2 min at 4.1 mph; 2 min at 5.5-5.8 mph + 5 min cooldown + a TON of weights
Sunday: 6.5 mins on bike (warmup); 45 minutes on Precor - 2 min at level 4; 2 min at level 9; 5 min cooldown; a TON of weights
Monday: P90X Yoga

--K

No comments: