Sunday, September 30, 2012

Lazy Fuckers

Alternate titles: "Lazy Fuckers - the Tigga edition"; "Shaking Boobs Time"; "It's Shake-n-Boobs and I Helped!"; "Blondie, I don't have a title today".

Lazy fuckers is an apt description this week. Again. Lazy.

Monday was my last launch day for the year. Well, not quite. I have a side-system launch in the next 2 weeks, and then the final launch for the year is at end of October (the NY office isn't involved in that launch but I'll still have to be on the call in case anything arises). Monday was kind of bad - the release got off to a very late start (3 hr delay due to issues the team that deploys was having). Then we started testing and the testing itself went okay - BUT, we found a problem after we put the code live. So I had to stay involved in that - they found the problem and came up with a resolution, which is when I took off for home. I dialed back in around 10 pm that night and we finished up the call/release. Putting the total release call time at 10 hours for the day. However, as whiny as I sound, I'm just glad it's done. DONE.

Tuesday my boss gave me permission to come in late due to how over the call ran the day before. So I slept in, hit the gym for a long time, cooked breakfast, read a book, etc, and then trucked into the office around 11 am. The day itself was pretty uneventful as everyone was either tired from the day before, or not involved in the day before but giving the people that were involved a break.

Wednesday felt off to me - all of our code releases typically happen on a Tuesday, except for this one we just came off of. So 2 days after the code release, and it felt like a Thursday to me. But it wasn't. It was still Wednesday. I had the worst time trying to reconcile the actual day with what day it felt like. And it made the day feel like it took FOREVER.

Thursday was our anniversary. I had a bit of a hard time with it because I was missing Max like crazy. It's days like those that make me glad I have an office with a door that shuts (and locks). I had a little cry at my desk, and then got a grip on myself to finish out the day. I left work early that day because Blondie and I had 6 pm dinner reservations at a steak house between our apartment and the play we were going to see. The steak house was really good - I started with a beet salad and a bourbon cocktail, and then had a 8 oz filet (rare - always) with a side of mushrooms (all different types of mushrooms - not just button - sliced then and sauteed - and INCREDIBLE); and finished with a slice of cake and a JWB neat. I only ate 2 bites of cake and then packed the rest to bring home because I was full as fuck at that point. Blondie had a lemonade and a side salad to start, and then moved to a 8 oz hangar steak (medium rare - blasphemy) with mashed potatoes and broccolini; and then had a slice of key lime pie for dessert. Our waitress rocked, and regaled us with tales of celebrities she had waited on at that restaurant - mostly because I had a bourbon cocktail on an empty stomach and then was rambling on and on about Johnny Depp and how I wished he would come to Broadway. Blondie got to laughing at me, and then started quoting "Lost in Translation" by covering his face with his fingers and holding up my empty bourbon glass and saying "I'll just wonder where the whiskey is". All in all, a great dinner to end my day.

After we finally left dinner, we headed over to see our play "Grace" starring Paul Rudd and Ed Asner. It was in the same theater as the very first play we saw on Broadway which was "View from the Bridge" starring ScarJo and Liev Schrieber. "Grace" was amazing - it started out by playing a scene backwards; which was breathtaking to watch. And they used the backwards trick 2 others times in the play - that is, they'd do a scene forward; and then stop and do the whole scene backwards (for example, you'd hear: "Hi, How are you?, I'm good"; and going backwards it would be "I'm good, How are you?, Hi"). Paul Rudd is an amazing actor, and we left the play with Blondie saying it was the best play of all of them that he's seen. (The play is still in previews for another week).

The plot of "Grace" is that Paul Rudd and his wife are evangelical christians, just moved to Florida, who are opening up a chain of evangelical hotels. Ed Asner is the exterminator who periodically sprays down their apartment. Paul Rudd's wife falls in love with their neighbor (Michael Shannon), has an affair with him, and then tells Paul Rudd's character she wants a divorce (this is after Paul Rudd gets fucked over by the investors in his hotel venture). The ending was not a surprise (because the play actually started with the ending, and then worked it's way back to the ending), but the ending/beginning blew my mind. Seriously. Go. See.

On our walk home, we started talking about the worst play we had seen (Blondie = Hair; me = Spiderman: Turn Off the Dark) and cut through Times Square. But Times Square was crazy crowded, so the first off street we could get, we turned down. And then, LALALALLALALLALA - we saw the marquis for what is coming to Broadway: A Christmas Story - The Musical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's right, Ralphie and the lamp leg are coming to Broadway for xmas this year!

We got home that night in really good moods, and walked into the apartment to meet up with Blondie's sis and her family (husband, 2 daughters). We chatted with them for a bit, played with the kids; and then Blondie gave me a gift for our anniversary. Which is an awesome shirt that says "I love Sriracha" on it (to stress, I LOVE SRIRACHA, so it's totally appropriate shirt!). I crashed out around 11:30 pm that night.

Friday I said goodbye to Blondie's sis' clan and headed to work; it was a long day to get through, just felt really tired and ready for the week to be over. Friday night Blondie and I ordered in mexican and then watched TV all night. Saturday we took it easy - I did a really long workout in the gym, and then we went and grocery shopped. Blondie cooked burgers and a ton of vegetables and we ate those for lunch. After that, I logged in and bought us tickets for A Christmas Story (oh yes, we are going to see that the day before Thanksgiving). And then for dinner last night, Blondie made homemade chicken soup. And today we're taking it easy again. Blondie's sis' family will be back this afternoon for 3 days, so getting some downtime in before the 2 kids sap my energy. How is it that a 1 year old and a 2 year old have WAY MORE ENERGY than me?

Plans coming up include hanging with Blondie's sis' family on Monday (day off); and then with Mr Pooh on Friday (day off). We have tickets to see Louis CK in person in October; and our Christmas Story tickets in November. I'm looking for ideas to do this weekend with Mr Pooh - Giants game? Broadway show? Taking it easy?

Workouts were again spot on:
Monday: Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit
Tuesday: Started off trying to do hill interval; got 1.5 uphill intervals and just couldn't do it anymore (7.5 mins total). So then moved to just speed intervals: 3.1 miles at 2 mins walking at 4.1 mph and 2 mins running at 5.7-6.5 mph for 37:42 total + 5 min cooldown; ton of weights; abs
Wednesday: Insanity Core Cardio and Balance
Thursday: Hill intervals - made them my bitch (didn't have to walk a single uphill one)! 30 mins at 2 mins walking at 4.1 mph on 0% grade; 2 mins running at 5.3 mph on 3% grade. 5 min cooldown
Friday: 28 min Precor - 2 mins at level 5; 2 mins at level 9; 5 min cooldown; weights; abs
Saturday: 3.1 mile run - ran it all without stopping in 38:08; 5 min cooldown; ton of weights; abs.
Sunday: P90X yoga

--K

No comments: