Thursday, September 27, 2012

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

9 years ago today, Blondie and I tried to make it official. It didn't take. But we still celebrate. And we'll celebrate again on 10/10 when it did take.

This celebration has an undertone of sadness to me though. I absolutely am 100% aware I'm about to sound like crazy cat lady, and I'm absolutely 100% aware that there of some of you reading this who are about to roll your eyes and think "christ woman, your cat died 7 months ago, get over it!", but I'm going to say it anyway. Our family consisted of 4 members almost since the get-go (me, Blondie, Tigga, Max). And this will be our first year celebrating without one of those members. And it breaks my heart

So today, I'm going to try to focus on the positive. Which is 9 years officially with Blondie (12.5 years including dating) - he stuck with me through the ups and the downs, and I'm grateful for that. I'm also going to focus on Tigga - he's an awesome cat and I'm thankful everyday he's with us. And I'm going to focus on Max - and hope that wherever he went, he knows how much he was loved and how we have big gaping holes in our hearts because he's no longer around.

And then I'm going to get through work today, and meet Blondie for a delicious steak dinner and possibly a whiskey. And then we'll see a play on Broadway (Grace) and we'll geek out over seeing Paul Rudd again in person (first time was at a taping of The Daily Show - Dec 2010). And then we'll go home and Blondie's sis and her family will be at our apartment and we'll get to catch up with them.

Sending love out into the universe today, for as much as I'm sad, I'm grateful for my life.

--K

1 comment:

Shaun said...

Happy, happy, happy, happy, happy An·ni·ver·sa·ry!!!