Sunday, September 16, 2012

I felt like running this week

Hello from a city that is gearing up for fall! Our temps have started dropping and are now in the 70's for a high. That means it's time for 1 thing - autumn. Autumn is okay - not my fav season (summer), not my least fav season (winter). Just got to start getting the sweaters ready again.

Also, big shout out to Blondie! His game is #8 in Top New Paid A&A games, and #28 on Top New Paid Games in general on Droid! And his reviews are looking so good! Again, I'm sooooooo proud of him!

So this past Monday was good - after my workout, Blondie and I headed up to poison bar for lunch. Our normal waiter wasn't there, so we didn't get blitzed on our outing - which was nice. Instead, we both ordered salads, and I had a beer, and we called it quits. It was amazing. I don't think I've ever left poison bar without at least 2 shots. After lunch, we did our grocery shopping and then headed home to crash out for the day.

Tuesday it was back to work - the day went fast as I was desperately trying to catch up with everything from being out for 2 days. But it was over before it started. Wednesday also went fast - my BFF from the SF office was in town, so I got caught up with him in the morning. Then 1 of my BFFs from the NY office and I went to lunch - and neither of us had any meetings to get back quick for, so we took a bit longer. It was a nice break - even though I had just had 4 days off, Wednesday for me is a bitch to get through.

Also on Wednesday, we decided to hire a cleaning service for the first time ever (except for 1 time right before we put our TX house on the market and needed it sparkling to sell) - I came home on Wed night to a beautifully clean / clean smelling apt; totally worth the money we spent. We're going to try to do the cleaning service once every 4-6 weeks - our apartment is really f'ing tiny, but it's still a pain to keep clean. Both of us work long hours, both of us workout almost daily, and we have a cat who sheds like it's his job - I know a lot of people do all this and even more, and still find time to clean, but for us, it's worth it to have someone come in to help.

Thursday went SUPER FAST. In the morning, I was doing some testing for one of my projects and found a big bug. I called the developer in to help me debug, but (I'm a bit bitter about this even though I LOVE this guy) he insisted it wasn't anything he did/could help figure out, so he bailed to leave me to it. While in the midst of debugging, my SF friend came by and we decided to head to lunch where I got to meet my SF friend's new boyfriend. The 3 of us headed out for cuban for lunch, and it was just a fun time getting to chat, relax, and get caught up on life. Afterwards, we slowly meandered back to the office, running into about 5 of our coworkers on the way. I then started debugging the issue again, and about an hour later, found the problem in the code so had to call the developer in to show him. To give him credit, he was thoroughly embarrassed about it all - but it still left a bad taste in my mouth. I have a lot of different roles at my company, but one of them is not debugging code someone else wrote.

Friday was nice - it was my first full Friday back after summer Fridays, so I was kind of dreading it. But it was actually okay. To start with, Blondie came over to my side of town to get some blood work done - he was done around noon, so we got to meet up for lunch. We did crack salad (I told Blondie for about 2 years about crack salad, and then finally took him some home over the summer - and now he's addicted to it too. I swear this salad is crazy good), and then chatted for a bit, before Blondie headed home to crash out. On my way back into the office, I ran into my other BFF and he wanted to get out for awhile, so I headed out with him to sit while he ate some lunch. Afterwards, it was just counting down until the day was done. I got home on Friday night around 5:45 pm and Blondie was already in bed, and he didn't get back up until Saturday - he had hurt his neck a bit on Thurs night so didn't sleep well then - and made up for it on Friday night. So I spent Friday night watching my shows (Glee, Project Runway) and then dove into old eps of SATC. All in all, not a bad way to spend Friday. ** My bar friends are in CA last week and this week or otherwise I would've met up with them.

Yesterday I headed out and got a mani/pedi - I normally never get a manicure for 2 reasons - one is that I'm rough on my hands (always on a computer), the second is that I have ridiculously small fingers - no matter how much weight I gain, these fingers remain bony and small. It's weird. And manicurists have a habit of making comments about my little fingers so I tend to avoid any attention to them. ANYHOO, in Chicago last weekend, I got a manicure for Slick's wedding, and Blondie must've made 5 comments over the past week about how much he liked the manicure, so I've decided to get a mani each time I get a pedi. I felt great after the mani/pedi - all relaxed and enjoying my nails. Gave Blondie a call and we then went to do some grocery shopping, and then home to make lunch. We did nothing the rest of the day yesterday - just watched TV/movies, and went to bed around 9 pm.

Today we got up early so we could hit up the 10 am showing of Total Recall ($7 movies before noon). I actually really liked Total Recall - I didn't think I would but ended up getting totally into it. Afterwards, we hit up a street fair for a bit before heading to Southern Hospitality for lunch. Now we're home, relaxing - watching TV yet again.

Workouts were good again! I'm down about 15-20 lbs as of Thurs morning (I didn't look at my weight when we first started watching it in August but had a pretty good idea about how porky I was based on my how clothes were fitting). And for some reason, all I wanted to do this week was run - I didn't fight it, I'm just happy I wanted to do something. My runs were still really bad, but I still wanted to do them - so I did!

Tuesday: Wii Fit Island Workout - Hard level
Wednesday: 30 mins hill run - 2 min walk at 4.1 mph; 2 min run at 5.3 mph up 3.0% grade hill + 5 min cooldown + weights
Thursday: 30 mins fast run - 2 min walk at 4.1 mph; 2 min run at 5.5-5.8 mph + 5 min cooldown + weights
Friday: Insanity Cardio Recovery
Saturday: 3.1 mile run in 39:20 (EEK - SLOW!) + 5 min cooldown + weights
Sunday: 20 mins fast run - 2 min walk at 4.1 pm; 2 min run at 5.6-6.0 mph + 5 min cooldown + abs (had to get finished to make the 10 am movie!)

--K

No comments: