Sunday, March 24, 2013

Riding in Cars

To celebrate last Sunday's 13-year-date-a-versary, Blondie and I headed out for burgers that night. We hit up 5-Napkin Burger and enjoyed our evening together. I had 2 glasses of champagne, a salted caramel milkshake, and a ahi tuna burger; and Blondie had a strawberry milkshake, and a classic burger. Then we rolled our tubby butts home afterwards to collapse out and watch our Netflix. It was a nice way to end the week.

Work was very busy again this week, but a lot of good things happened. On Tuesday, I got the last of the major project finished up and shipped out, so I was pretty happy about that. I was sitting at my desk, relieved that it was over, when my boss' boss came by and said they needed me on technical support for a sales call in western NJ on Wednesday. Which started my stress over again. I'm very comfortable with our product and what it does, but technical support for it is not something I've done.

I was a stress ball all night on Tuesday night, just worrying about Wednesday. But then I got to work on Wednesday morning and felt okay. I met up with the 2 sales guys who were also going out with me, did some work on their specific pieces of our product (I had to get some stuff downloaded and set up on their pieces so that the sales pitch could work), and then we got in a chauffeur driven SUV around noon and headed out. It was about 1.5 hours out to western NJ, almost at the PA border. We got there and I got everything set up while the sales guys schmoozed with the people we were presenting to, and then I sat there in sheer fucking relief as everything worked as expected. I got to participate in the sales call, and answer some questions also. Then we got back in our SUV and headed back to NYC. We got back in around 5:15 pm, and I heard immediately that the sales guys had called the CTO and told him I "rocked it". So yeah, Wednesday was aok in my book :)

On Wednesday night, Blondie got sick - some kind of stomach virus that has pretty much knocked him down and out. He's finally feeling better today; but his week was ruined b/c of this bug.

On Thursday, we had an all afternoon offsite (presentation and cocktails) for my company. We had a pretty major speaker come in and then the CEO of the company did a spiel. And then we spent several hours enjoying the completely open bar. I got to hang out and become even better friends with the woman who reminds me of my old BFF from SF company, and left the event around 6 pm completely happy. The sun was shining that evening on my walk home which made me not want to end my day so I gave my friends a call to see if they wanted to meet up. They were hanging at our local, so I went to join them. We ended up there all evening long, doing yet another dance off to the internet jukebox. My dinner was a pack of sliced ham I had bought on my way to the bar. It was just a crazy night.

And Friday was another good day. I was busy all day long, and then we had a post-mortem on the project I had just finished up. And everyone was very appreciate of the work I had done which was extremely nice. And Friday night around 4:30 pm, we got some extremely good news for our company. So the president took us all out for drinks. I only stayed for a few before heading home (simply b/c I was still hungover from my Thursday night party - also, please note that I've had more company-sponsored happy hours in the 4 weeks at my new job than I had in 6 years at my old job.). Also on Friday, Blondie got some excellent news about his job, so both of us ended our weeks on a high note (even though Blondie was still sick at this point).

Yesterday I woke up super early and got a good workout in. Then I did a bit of grocery shopping, stopped for a powerball ticket, and got a pedicure, all before 11:30 am. I spent the rest of the day relaxing, watching basketball, and dozing periodically. Today it was pretty much the same thing - up early, a bit of grocery shopping, and now being super duper lazy. No plans for the rest of the day, which makes me happy.

Workouts! Back on track, thank god.
Sunday: P90X Kenpo, tabata push up interval, tabata bicep curl interval
Monday: 30 mins on treadmill - 2 mins 4.1 mph walk, 2 min 5.8-6.5 mph run; 5 min cooldown
Tuesday: 30 mins on bike - 2 mins level 7, 2 mins level 12; 5 min cooldown
Wednesday: Insanity Cardio Recovery
Thursday: 2.5 mile run in 30:52; 5 min cooldown; weights
Friday: rest
Saturday: 3.1 mile run in 36:02 - 2 mins 4.1 mph walk, 2 mins 6.0-6.7 mph run; 5 min cooldown; weights
Sunday: 30 mins on treadmill - 2 mins 4.1 mph walk, 2 mins 5.3-5.5 mph run up 3.0% hill; 5 min cooldown


No comments: