Sunday, March 31, 2013

Woo Hoo For Spring!

It feels like winter has finally broken in NYC. It also feel like this has been the longest winter ever. It wasn't a bad winter, just a really long one. Someone pointed out that because Hurricane Sandy hit at the end of October, bringing with it the start of some gross weather, that's why winter feels like it has been here for 5 years. But whatever the reason, it's over. And I'm fucking relieved.

The week was a good one - super fast again - but super good.
Monday was a typical Monday - I was immediately put on another project, this one due this past Friday, so Monday was spent in meetings, making sure everything was set for Friday. And then on Tuesday, the week got 10000x better as the one and only Shelby Shelbersons showed up for a few days!!!!! We got to meet up on Tuesday night, and headed to a scotch bar by my work. We were joined by Blondie and enjoyed the evening catching up over a few drinks. After drinks, we went to Lillie's for dinner, and then we said goodbye to Blondie and Shelbs and I headed back to her hotel for drinks at the bar to end the evening. We were joined by a few of her coworkers and I made my way home quite tipsily around 1 am. Oops.

I was in a fog all day Wednesday. The day went fast, due to my project, but I couldn't shake the remnants of the party the night before. I was still sitting at work at 6:30 pm, simply because I couldn't get the energy to walk home, when Shelbs texted for dinner. She was supposed to have had a work function that got called off, so Blondie and I went to Koreatown and met her for some Korean-y goodness. The night was short, just dinner, but it was good seeing her one last time before she flew home.

Thursday Blondie got the official good news at his office - that being that his company bought out his contract and made him a FT employee! He signed the paperwork on Thursday and starting tomorrow, is no longer a contractor. This is awesome news for Blondie - he loves his company and his coworkers, and had often talked about how he wished he had found his company on his own instead of through a contracting company. CONGRATULATIONS BLONDIE! He's really excited about getting vacation days again. :)

We went out to celebrate on Thursday night at our local bar. We both ate some dinner there, and I had a few scotches. Our bartender is super excited for Blondie as well as all our friends - everyone kept coming by to say congratulations. It was a great almost end to the week!

And then here comes Friday to ruin it all. Ugh. My project was an upgrade to one of our envs. I had been PM'ing and coordinating the effort because this upgrade was going to cause a lot of people to not be able to work until we got everything back up and functioning. We started around 11:30 am, and immediately ran into some issues. We plugged away all day on them, and it would get better and then worse and then better... rinse, repeat. Everyone except the immediate team on this project also took off early on Friday since it was a holiday for some. It was disheartening to watch people leaving around 3 pm when you knew you were going to be there for a lot longer. BUT, FINALLY, around 9 pm we finished up. It was a great feeling - and my boss' boss sent me a "OMG! This went so much better than last time!" email - so even though it felt hard and long, apparently it kicked ass over the last upgrade. The team that was left (6 of us) chugged a beer while I was testing, and then headed on home.

The day was notable for another reason also. Around 4:30 pm on Friday, I started feeling funny. My stomach wasn't cooperating - I felt crampy and nauseous and it just got worse throughout the day (I hadn't eaten hardly anything on Friday so I have no idea what was going on). I got home on Friday night, ate 2 sushi rolls, and went immediately to bed. I was up and down most of the night, just miserable.

I woke up Saturday morning and realized I had the same stomach thing that brought Blondie down last week (to a much lesser extent though). When I recovered on Saturday, we went and did some grocery shopping, and then I came home and went right back to bed. Finally around 1:30, I decided to do some yoga - I took it very easy, and didn't push myself, and by the time I was through, the nauseousness was gone although the cramps were still there. Last night we made some dinner, which I managed to eat okay, and then watched Argo before heading to bed.

Today the stomach thing was back in full-force, but I feel better now. I attempted a run (shitty - haha, pun intended), and am now going to take it easy today. I'm excited for the Louisville / Duke game because no matter what happens, one of them has to lose! Haaaaaaaaaaaa!

This week is back to PM'ing 2 projects, both due early morning Friday. And I'm meeting my BFF from my old job for drinks on Tuesday as well as going to dinner with 2 friends from my new job on Thursday (squee! new friends!).

Happy Cadbury Creme Egg Day People!

Monday: Insanity Core Cardio and Balance
Tuesday: 2.5 mile run in 30:12; 5 min cooldown; weights
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: 3.1 mile run in 35:47- 2 min walk at 4.1 mph, 2 min run at 6.2-6.7 mph; 5 min cooldown
Friday: Insanity Cardio Recovery
Saturday: P90X Yoga
Sunday: 2.5 mile run in 31:57 (shitty); 5 min cooldown; weights

No comments: