Monday, May 25, 2015

Fleet Week

Hold onto your horses, people. Because I'm about to bore you to tears.

Last Sunday, Blondie and I headed to Food Fest for just a little bit. It was hot and there were a lot of people there, so we ended up bailing pretty quickly and going for pizza at the new pizza place in our hood. We split a pizza and meatballs, and I had sangria (on tap, FTW!). Afterward, I headed to Pony to meet Glitter, but she had an errand to run so we were only there for a few minutes. I didn't want to head home then because Blondie had gone home to work and I knew I'd just bug him if I were there, so I ended up at Winchester. I was only there about an hour by myself before I was joined by AA and Heinie. Good times.

Sunday night was memorable because our cable box "blew up". It rebooted while we were in the middle of watching TV and then went into an endless cycle of reboots. We ended up unplugging the whole thing and watching Netflix the rest of the night.

On Tuesday, after not having cable for two days (the box wouldn't power on at all after we plugged it back in), I talked to our cable company and ended up walking two miles with the cable box to the cable company's office. They replaced the unit for me and then it was a 2 mile walk back to our hood for grocery shopping. It was a muggy day out and when I finally got home, after walking four miles and carrying bags loaded with hardware and food, I was *coated* in sweat. Yuck.

Wednesday, Blondie worked from home. That was nice. I did a bunch of laundry and then I met up with Glitter for my first pedicure since last October. Then her and I headed for lunch followed by margaritas at a new mexican place in the hood. Afterward, I went back to the apartment and bugged Blondie some more before finally heading to Winchester to end out my night.

Thursday was notable for a dentist appointment.

On Friday, I went to Winchester around 4:30 pm and met up with Heinie and AA. We hung out until about 7:30 pm and then I trucked on home to meet up with Blondie.

Saturday, Blondie and I stayed in all day. AA texted around 8 pm and said he was going to the bar, and we joined him around 9:30 pm. We only stayed a few hours, but it was good getting to hang with AA.

Yesterday we took an Uber out to Queens. A old coworker of mine has a house out there and he had a BBQ party. It was so much fun. He has a great group of friends, and I spent all afternoon laughing my ass off. My sides actually ached when we finally left because I'd been laughing so hard. It was one of those days where everyone was in a great mood and it was one of the best parties I've ever been to.

On our way home last night, AA texted again from Winchester so I went and joined him after we got home to watch the Rangers game. On my way out of our apartment building, I ran into a friend of mine from the building and told him I was going to Winchester. He ended up joining me and AA. We ordered in cheesesteaks to the bar and stayed until it closed. There were sailors in there because of Fleet Week and we talked to them for several hours. These guys looked like they were twelve. It was freaky. The best part was when they asked what we all did for a living and then one of them said, "Jokes on you all. We're actually timeshare salesmen and we just bought these sailor suits to wear to pick up women." Literal LOL. Afterward, building friend and I headed home and I grabbed Blondie and we went and hung in building friend's apartment until about 2 am.

Today I slept until noon and I think I was still drunk when I woke up. I finally worked out around 1 pm. But I still feel blah right now.

I've been working out still. I decided to do round 2 of T25 Alpha so I just finished week one of that round yesterday. I cursed out Shaun T today doing the Cardio disc though.

Also, I didn't lie above. You're bored to tears, right? ;)

--K

No comments: