Monday, January 08, 2007

It was a pretty good weekend. We started it all out with a chill night on Friday catching up on DVRs from the week. Saturday morning we went to the farmers market with A&B and spent $12 on fresh from the farm vegetables that would have cost us about $50 at the store. We reluctantly hit the gym Saturday afternoon and spent the rest of the day watching football (oh darn Dallas lost ;-) and lounging in front of the TV. J came over and we all just watched movies, played Mario Cart and hung out while trying not to think about food and beer. The conversation always came back to food and beer though ;-) Sunday was the day of running hell. J and her boss A took us on a new running route. We ran Golden Gate park from the JFK start near Stanyon all the way to the ocean and back (6.8 mi). The route took us past the Young Museum, a rose garden, countless picnic areas, the buffalo pen, and finished by the Dutch windmill/tulip garden near the ocean. Getting to the ocean was pretty cool. It was a nice reward to get there and see the waves crashing on the beach half way through the run. On the way back all the energy that I had was gone by mile 5 and I was on fumes till the end though. That was the farthest I've run in about 3 months. I thought I was going to pass out and die on the mile walk back home after the run. If it wasn't for that banana and cup of coffee on the way back up the hill to home, I think I'd still be trying to make it up that hill. Once back home, I don't think I moved more than 10 feet for the rest of the day. And that was the weekend...

-S

1 comment:

April said...

Rock star! I've never run the full length of the park, and I typically stop running once I've turned back uphill.

Did you ever know that you're my herrrrooooooo.....