Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Oh my god, what did I do...

I went running. I did it badly. Very badly. Today was my first day back to the gym, and now all of me aches. Because I'm an idiot and jumped right back in and pretended I haven't gained weight back and that, hey, I'm a runner.

Why am I telling you this? I'm joining the SF Road Runner's club. I'm enrolling in Running 101 - for beginners obviously. I'm going to have someone actually watch me run, get me to a comfortable pace, help me maintain that pace, help me hydrate properly, help me stretch properly... It starts next Saturday.

So what does that have to do with my run today? Even though it's a BEGINNER'S class, obviously I couldn't show up actually a beginner! Oh my goodness - NO. I mean, a beginner going to a beginner's class? Ha. That would be like going to the gym because you need to lose weight - everyone knows you lose weight first, and then show up at the gym all healthy.

My body hurts.

--K

1 comment:

April said...

I kind of want to do the Nike running club. Because I think then you get discounts on Nike stuff. And what's the point of running if there isn't stuff to cost me a bunch of money.