Monday, January 22, 2007

A sore foot...

I busted my foot last Wednesday on my Pacific Ocean run. Specifically, I pulled a muscle in the arch of my left foot. It hurt. I still was able to go to the gym on Thursday and Friday, but that's because I did non-impact aerobic activity. Saturday morning I woke up and was feeling better, and like the idiot I am, skipped Running 101 (because "it's not a workout right now") and instead did the Pacific Ocean run again. And reinjured it.

I stayed home today to stay off my foot. I decided to do laundry. Instead of waiting for our slow-ass elevator, I thought I could go down the steps with my piled high laundry basket and detergent (and my gimpy foot). Yep, I wiped out. It was glorious.

In better news, I will be off to the land of The Bears in about 1.5 weeks. Chicago baby, here I come. I bought tickets to visit Slick over Super Bowl Weekend, and of course, we now know that Chicago made it to the Super Bowl, so I'm SERIOUSLY looking forward to my weekend. Woo hoo! BEER.

--K

No comments: