Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Contentment...

I've been feeling it a lot lately (I think yoga has become my spiritual replacement to church - how cheesy does that sound?). It's been hitting me more and more in the last few weeks - I'll be sitting somewhere and I'll suddenly realize I've got no place in the world I'd rather be. It happened when I was home by myself last Friday night, it happened Sunday at the bar with Party C, it happened at dinner with Blondie on Monday...

It was made even more so by my free day yesterday - my facial and pedi with Party C were awesome, I went book shopping on Haight Street, met Blondie for a healthy and tasty dinner (followed by a not so healthy and really tasty dessert)...

I rolled into work today feeling pretty darn good. I'm only 4 days away from hitting my 30 times in 30 day goal for Bikram that I set for myself. It's already Wednesday.

Then my sister sent email. About last year's trip to Maui. And her and me and Brother R were off and remembering fun things that happened there. And then the pics started rolling in. And suddenly.... contentment be GONE! I WANT TO BE IN MAUI!

Picture - Brother R and Carmy Carms in Harley helmets (they had rented a bike for the day); mom, sis, Blondie and yours truly en route to Maui aquarium to hang with the sea turtles; Pacific Ocean in the background:



No comments: