Friday, August 10, 2007

Embarrassing myself...

It's Friday night. It's 8:30 pm. I'm in a FANTASTIC city with a ton of shit to do. And here I sit, watching crap TV, and blogging. And honestly, thinking about how soon I can go to bed.

So, I had some good news for myself earlier today, but didn't have time to type it out (give it up for work). The good news is that the Queen of the Yoga Instructors told me today after class "great class today!"

The thing about the Queen of the Yoga Instructors is that she is evil. In a good way. She just pushes me harder than I've ever pushed myself in my life. I normally have to sit down about 4 times in her class because I'm so out of breath I feel like I'm going to pass out. But today, something just clicked. I stood the entire time, attempted every single posture (even those that I loathe - Standing Head to Knee Pose - I'm looking at you), and got into positions I didn't think I could bend into. All because she was there heckling me.

She loves me. I love her. In a weird "I'm sweaty, you're sweaty, get your ass going" sort of way.

And then after the torture, there was "great class today!" It made every minute, all 90 of them, worth it.

21 days down. Loving life. At peace for once. Calm. Content.

I should've done this in Texas.

--K

P.S. Still missing Blondie.

No comments: