Wednesday, August 29, 2007

All about presents, coffee, train trips, Nyquil intervention, and vom'ing a little into your mouth (yum yum)...

My present to myself got to SF yesterday! It's all charged up and ready to go. I can't wait to bust it out! I wanted so bad to run today, so I could use my new watch, but forced myself to go to Bikram. I'm on a nice schedule of Bikram on Tues, Wed, Fri, and Sun; running on Mon, Thurs, Sat; and the gym in the afternoon on Fri after Bikram. As much as I wanted to test my watch out, I consider the anticipation worth it and am probably going to haul some ass around the panhandle tomorrow morning!

I went with my friend from the office for a coffee break yesterday afternoon. Whenever we go on coffee breaks, we end up gone for at least 1.5 hours. I don't know how it happens. We will be sitting in Coffee Bean (yay! Coffee Bean!) and all of a sudden, one of use will be like "OMG! Look how late it is!". I haven't been drinking caffeine (the coffee yesterday was my 3rd caffeinated drink in 6 weeks), and it hit me HARD.

I ran into Bbbb waiting for his train yesterday evening, and was so wound up I could hardly stop moving. I think my feet were constantly in motion or my hands, or to be honest, my mouth. I don't think I shut up the entire time we waited on the train, and rode the train. I like to ride Bbbb's MUNI line, b/c it dumps me off right at my bus stop - no walking up from the station and across streets to get to it.

Anyhoo, I got off the train, to see my bus at the stop sign one block up from where I pick it up. I knew that it would be 20 mins or so before the next train came through, and I was too wired to sit still for long, so I hiked the hellllll hilllllll home. Ugh. But, it was so much easier than 6 weeks ago - I felt like I basically ran up that hill (although I didn't).

Blondie is starting to feel better, but is now going to have to wean himself off the Nyquil. I think I'll stage an intervention tonight, and dump his Nyquil down the toilet. That way, I can drag him on my run tomorrow morning. Poor Blondie!

And finally - I went to Bikram today, and I didn't feel too good - I was just REALLY hungry. My stomach started doing slow rolls about 20 minutes into class today, and I ended up vom'ing up some of my water back into my mouth. At least my stomach was completely empty so there were no food particles involved in this. But still, hot water that had been in your stomach, coming back up into your mouth - disgusting.

And hey guess what? After that disgusting story, it's almost LUNCHTIME!


No comments: