Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Well, as you might have guessed from Kerri's posts, I'm back in Texas for a few weeks taking care of the cats and getting things in order before the movers come. Of course being in Texas means dealing with traffic that goes the speed of molassis from the 820/183 interchange to Beach street. I miss San Fran's public transportation system already! I've also felt the pain of not doing abs for a month. Namely, getting out of bed now involves rolling to the side and plopping out sideways so I don't have to sit up. Oooowwww! I did manage to get in a very slow 5k yesterday. I'm sure that contributed to the abs not cooperating this morning. A couple guys from our offices in AZ/IL are in town this week so we've been hitting all their favorite spots for lunch which are cooincidentally some of my favorite spots too. ;-) Monday was an excellent Tex-mex place, Posados, which has excellent sopapias and huge tamalies. Of course it's not as good as Mamasitias which will always have a place in my heart since it's actually a place that we could walk to from home and has amazing food. Tuesday was some fantastic seafood, Pappadeaux. Today I missed the treck to get barbeque at Angelos since I was in a meeting, but tomorrow is lunch at Babe's, which has the best chicken-fried steak ever! Mmmmmm... chicken-fried steak... At least I haven't had to eat supper yet this week since I've had big lunches :-)

--S

1 comment:

Kerri&Shaun said...

I miss Babes.